Why Bees are Essential in Your Skincare Routine
Switching out your skincare regime to more natural and organic products is not only great for your skin but it’s great for the environment too.
That’s why pioneering health and beauty company, Organic Where Possible (OWP) combined science with nature to produce a range of vegan and organic products that brighten, nourish and completely rejuvenate the skin. Packed with nature’s finest ingredients, OWP boats high-quality yet affordable skincare essentials.
What is Organic?
‘Organic’ is defined as relating to or derived from living matter. In majority of their products, Organic Where Possible (OWP) use organic ingredients such as rose, geranium and ginger to:
- Delay signs of ageing
- Hydrate, refresh and revitalise dry, tired skin
- Calm and soothe inflamed, red and sensitive skin
- Organically balance the pH level of the skin
- Fight acne with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
Why Not Always Organic?
Beeswax is an essential ingredient that OWP champion in their products for its rejuvenating skincare properties. Honeybees fly an average of 2 miles from their hives on their search for nectar and pollen. To be certified organic, the beeswax, pollen and honey that OWP use must come from a beehive that’s in the centre of 16 square miles of organic plant land. Plus, organic bees cannot source nectar and pollen from areas that are exposed to potential pollution from motorways, incinerators or pesticides.
If you meet the above requirements – way to go, that’s great! But, here’s the next step. The bee hive foundation itself has to be an organic environment – and this can only be created from an organic hive. Essentially, you cannot farm organic bees from scratch unless you already own an organic bee farm; a never-ending circle.
In the UK meeting the above organic requirements is very, very rare. Farmers in the UK take all steps necessary to keep bee produce as natural a possible – but certified organic is unlikely. That’s why OWP are Organic Where Possible – their range of skincare is infused with 100% organic ingredients plus natural beeswax, honey and bee pollen.
Why Use Bees in Skincare?
Organic Where Possible use beeswax, pollen and honey collected from Cornish honey bees for the ultimate skincare essentials. Bee derivative ingredients are great to incorporate into your skincare routine as they provide a number of benefits, including:
- Reduces water loss and locks in hydration – acting as a natural emollient
- Protect against environmental damage
- Fight acne with antioxidant, antibacterial and healing properties
- Soothe and soften the skin
Not so keen on bees? Here are some of our favourite bee facts to get you buzzing about beeswax:
- Bees communicate by dancing
- A bees sense of smell is so accurate, they have been used to detect drugs and bombs
- A bee will visit 50-100 flowers in each foraging trip
- Bees fly at an average of 15mph