Kegel8 Menstrual Cup
- An environmentally friendly and 100% skin and body safe alternative to pads or tampons - the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup is made from 100% medical grade silicone and free of phthalates, PVC and latex
- Gives you comfortable no-leak protection for up to 12 hours
- Easily holds 5 times more blood than pads or tampons for incredible, reliable protection
- One cup can last 10 years with the proper care - reducing waste and saving you thousands
- Reduce your risk of bacterial infections caused by toxins in tampons/pads and lower the risk of contracting toxic shock syndrome.
The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup – Environmentally Friendly, Body Safe and Eay to Use
Menstrual Cup vs Tampons: Why Use a Menstrual Cup?
- Better for Your Bank. A one-off purchase of the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup means no more spending on tampons or sanitary towels every month. The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup can last up to 10 years - saving you thousands! On top of the cost, the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup is more convenient than traditional disposable menstrual products. No more getting caught out when our period starts and you have nothing at home.
- Doing Your Bit for the Environment. Sanitary towels and tampons take up to 800 years to fully decompose. With our environment already in dire straits, making the small change to a Kegel8 Menstrual Cup can relieve Mother Nature of approximately 16,000 tampons or pads in your lifetime alone. An estimated 2bn sanitary items are flushed down Britain’s toilets yearly. Costing our water and sewerage companies, and eventually us through our bills, 88 million a year to unblock sewers.
- Holds 5 Times the Liquid of a Tampon. The average tampon holds between 6 and 9 grams of blood, The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup holds five times that amount! This means you can leave your cup in place for up to 12 hours without worrying about leaks or ruining the bed sheets
- It Take Only What It Needs To. Tampons don’t just absorb blood, they also strip your vaginal walls of naturally occurring lining and soak up healthy discharge that your vagina needs to keep bacteria at the right levels
- Fits to You. It is recommended that you change the size of your tampon to reflect your daily flow, as using a size greater than your flow increases the likelihood of Toxic Shock Syndrome. Normally a smaller absorbency tampon is required on lighter days and a larger absorbency on heavier days, this means having to buy and carry with you 2 or maybe even 3 different types of tampon depending on your flow and length of your average period
- No More Smelly, Damp String. Tampon strings leave you feeling unclean. The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup has a medical grade silicone stem that you trim to size, sitting just inside the vagina (away from the stream of urine).
Can a Menstrual Cup Help to Detect Endometriosis?
The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup can tell you whether you have a light, medium or heavy flow. With measurement lines to tell you exactly how much you bleed during your period, you can get to understand your periods better. This may help women questioning whether they may have Endometriosis. One of the symptoms of Endometriosis is extremely heavy periods, if you visit the doctor to discuss this with him or her, it will benefit you greatly to know how much blood you are losing during your period
How Do Menstrual Cups Work?
The menstrual cup sits inside the vagina, collecting the blood lost during your period. It holds the fluid until you are ready to remove it to empty. It’s that simple. Because of the upside-down cone shape when it is inserted, the cup is very secure inside you, even during exercise.
You will be astounded at how comfortable the menstrual cup is when it is inserted, you cannot feel it at all!
What Do You Get?
Your menstrual cup comes with an environmentally friendly cotton bag for easy and discreet storage, along with easy to understand instructions on how to maintain and use your Kegel8 Menstrual Cup.
Which Size of Menstrual Cup Should You Choose?
We offer 2 sizes of menstrual cup:
- Size A is recommended for women who have never given birth. Size A is 41mm (4.1cm/1.6inches) in diameter from outer edge to outer edge.
- Size B is recommended for women who have given birth, this means any full-term delivery including c-section. Size B is 45mm (4.5cm/1.8inches) diameter from outer edge to outer edge.
The size of menstrual cup you need will also depend on your body shape and size, so even if you haven’t given birth, the larger size may be better for you. Similarly, you may have had a c-section but feel nothing has really changed since giving birth, in which case the smaller size may be suitable for you. We recommend you get an idea of the sizes of our menstrual cups using a measuring tape or calculator before purchasing.
Removing Your Menstrual Cup
Removing your menstrual cup is easy, simply pull down on the stem and it will pop out. There will feel a little resistance as your cup fits securely, but as the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup has air holes around the top, you can be confident that it will release and is easy to remove without having to tug or bear down against the cup.
Medical Grade for Peace of Mind
The Kegel8 Menstrual Cup is a healthier, natural and non-toxic choice than disposable menstrual products. The vast majority of tampons from leading brands are manufactured using harsh chemicals to treat the cotton (after all, cotton isn’t that bright white colour in nature), they even have plastic in their makeup. Chemicals such as Rayon, Dioxin, Fragrance, Chlorine, and BPA’s are all on the ingredients list of one of the top selling tampon brands in the UK. What is in the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup? Nothing but 100% medical grade silicone free of phthalates, PVC and latex.
|Recommended For||Period protection|
|Can be used with||Kegel8 Menstrual Cup Spray|
|Included Contents||1 X Menstrual Cup | 1 X Cotton Bag|
|Material||100% medical grade silicone|
|Length||Measured from the tip of the removal stem to top of the cup. Large: 7.6cm (76mm/3inches) Small: 7cm (70mm/2.7inches) Removal stem can be cut shorter as desired.|
|User Manual||View and/or Download the Kegel8 Menstrual Cup Usage Instructions|