Beurer TL90 10,000 Lux Brightlight
- Beat the symptoms of Seasonal Adjustment Disorder SAD and depression with this powerful light therapy lamp by naturally boosting the 'happiness hormone' serotonin with bright light therapy
- The large surface area of light simulates sunlight safely without UV to boost your mood, and it can rebalance your melatonin levels, that means better more restful sleep and an in-balance circadian rhythm
- Flicker-free, intense light with 10,000 lux power increases serotonin levels for a happier mind and boosted Vitamin D Levels. Vitamin D is produced by sunlight in the skin and this SAD lamp will do exactly that helping to improve and build immunity.
- Exceptionally bright & even illumination, easy and comfortable to use – one button and adjustable angle
- Natural and effective alternative to antidepressant drugs, perfect for use in the winter or indeed, all year round!
Let the light back in and banish the blues with the Beurer TL90 Brightlight
Reaching for comfort food? With the darker evenings trespassing into our day, we soon start to feel lethargic and depressed as the winter blues kick in. As summer passes, daylight hours decrease and we are left in the dark. During this time, more than 20% of the UK are subjected to the difficulties of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Around 10% of sufferers are prevented from functioning at a normal rate without treatment. The reason for this? A dip in your body's production of serotonin; the vital chemical that helps regulate mood and social behavior, appetite and digestion, sleep, memory, and sexual desire and function.
But it's not just in the winter that a lack of serotonin can affect us. If you spend much of your time indoors for work or health reasons, your body may not be producing sufficient amounts of this all-important chemical.
The Beurer TL90 Brightlight SAD Lamp is an exceptionally bright light with even, flicker-free illumination. It is registered as a Medical product and CE certified. The Beurer TL90 is great to use as a treatment for SAD as it does not flicker and is UV-free for total safety. It provides you with an energy-saving light source, so you can read a book, do your morning routine or just relax under its bright glow as it works to bolster your body's production of serotonin.
Some people will find light therapy helps improve their mood considerably. Several studies have shown it is an effective treatment for SAD, particularly when used daily in the early mornings. Brightlights naturally encourage your body to secrete the serotonin hormone, found to be responsible for good moods. It also naturally blocks the release of melatonin, the hormone that makes us sleepy, often causing us to feel irritable and sad during the day.
Brighten up your life with the Beurer TL90 Brightlight and reinvigorate your energy levels - you'll be amazed at the difference!
The Beurer TL90 Brightlight simulates sunlight with a light intensity of around 10,000 lux (level recommended for SAD treatment). Sit 15-20 cm away from the Beurer TL90 for an hour a day, and many symptoms of SAD will be gone in around 3 or 4 days. Using the brightlight daily as autumn begins will help to avoid SAD symptoms as the darker months creep in.
With one button operation, the Beurer TL90 Brightlight is incredibly easy to use. You can adjust the angle to your personal preference. It features 8 LEDs on the sturdy base to countdown the length of treatment, from 15 minutes to 2 hours. One hour treatment per day is most recommended. The illumination surface measures 34 cm x 51 cm.
Treatment is most effective when the light can directly enter the retina (eye), so it is best not to wear glasses with tinted lenses or use any other devices that block the light. Beurer TL90 uses 2 x 36w tube lights, and colour temperature reaches 6,500 kelvin. Very bright lights, such as sad lights, may not be suitable to use if you suffer from eye problems, are taking certain medications such as antidepressants, or have epilepsy with seizures caused by light. It is best not to use light therapy before going to bed, so that it does not disrupt sleeping patterns.
What can a 10,000 Lux SAD Lamp Do For You?
- Boost serotonin levels in the brain - that's the Happiness Hormone, naturally improving your mood, combatting anxiety and fighting depression
- Boost Vitamin D Levels in the skin - usually produced by sunlight, a SAD lamp will help improve this vital vitamin to ensure your immunity is tip-top
- Regulate melatonin levels - ensuring you get a restful and restorative nights sleep and your natural circadian rhythm remains in balance.
|Power||UK Mains, Simulation of sunlight: Intensity of light approx. 10.000 Lux, 2 x 36 w tubes, Colour temperature of the fluorescent tubes: 6,500 kelvin|
|Guarantee||3 Year Guarantee|
|User Manual||View and/or Download the Beurer TL 90 Brightlight User Manual|
|Adjustable||Yes, continuously adjustable inclination with stable stand|
|Controller||Comfortable one-button operation|
|Size||45 cm x 31 cm|