Osalis Compact 10000 Lux SAD Lamp for Daylight Therapy
- Compact yet powerful 10,000 Lux SAD lamp, to help diminish the symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) with LED Light Therapy and combat the Winter Blues before they take hold.
- The lamp features 3 light modes: white, warm white and warm yellow and the 10,000 Lux brightness replicates sunshine and works to increase serotonin levels in the brain - known as the 'Happiness Hormone' and regulate melatonin for better sleep and an improved circadian rhythm.
- Dimmer touch button to get the perfect level of brightness for you and adjustable light modes means you can personalise your light therapy according to the time of day
- Easy to carry with you this lightweight, and compact lightbox can be used in bed, at work, the gym, your partner’s house or anywhere else you need it
- 10,000 lux light provides you with the perfect amount of full-spectrum light to regulate melatonin and boost serotonin levels (the happy hormone) and regulate your natural circadian rhythm for a happier, more balanced mental outlook.
Powerful & Compact 10,000 lux LightBox to Brighten Your Days and Boost Your Mood
This bright lightbox is the perfect tonic for a depleted mood, all year round! Whether you spend a lot of time indoors or you suffer from Seasonal Adjustment Disorder in the winter months, you might notice a genuine feeling of depression and despair caused by a lack of sunlight. You may find your morning alarm is met with a feeling of ‘what’s the point?’ or you may feel like you need to force 5 cups of coffee down you just to get yourself out the door. Seasonal Affective Disorder is a recognised form of depression, and it is not to be taken lightly. Fortunately, the treatment options are vast with LED light therapy often coming top of the bill; it is also recognised by doctors the world over.
Measuring just 16cm x 23cm (screen size 13cm x 18.5cm), this lightbox is the perfect size for bedside tables and office desks. It is lightweight and can easily be popped in your bag to take with you wherever you may need it. The fully adjustable stand allows you to stand the lamp almost fully upright or almost fully vertical and at every angle in between. You can select from three lighting modes, white, warm white or yellow and get the perfect level of brightness using the centre touch button.
The light provides you with 10, 000 Lux of light energy. Studies have shown that sitting in front of a 10,000 lux lightbox for about 30 minutes provides you with the optimal dosage of light to trigger positive biochemical changes in your brain. Emulating the uplifting effects of the sun, this provides the right amount of full-spectrum light needed to regulate melatonin and boost serotonin.
But What are Melatonin and Serotonin?
Melatonin tells you it’s time to sleep whereas serotonin tells you it’s time to wake. Low serotonin levels are more common in winter because serotonin is produced when we are exposed to sunlight. Low serotonin levels have long been linked to depression, which is why lightboxes that emulate the light we get from the beautiful sunshine are used all over the world to help boost serotonin and prevent overproduction of melatonin.
If you experience symptoms of SAD, whether severe or minimal, a lightbox such as this could be the answer to your winter woes!
Recent research has also found that by regulating melatonin levels we can help to restore a healthy natural circadian rhythm - if your circadian rhythm goes out of kilter you will suffer insomnia, sleeplessness, weight gain, low mood and even depression. SAD light therapy, in just 30 minutes a day for 14 days can help to regulate your circadian rhythm. The optimum time of day? researchers found that 8am coincides with maximum hormone production so a 30 minute SAD Lamp treatment could have a positive boost.
SAD Light Therapy for Non-Seasonal Depression?
Research suggests that SAD lamps can be effective for those suffering non-seasonal depression also.
A study carried out in 2015 compared four groups:
- A placebo group
- A group that spent 30 minutes per day exposed to a 10,000-lux fluorescent light box (about the brightness of morning summer light)
- A group that took antidepressants daily; and
- A group that did both
After 8 weeks, 29% of the antidepressant group felt better while 50% of the light therapy group and 76% of the combination group improved.
How To Use a SAD Lamp
* Cool White Light Therapy - use this ideally at 8am in the morning, or anytime in the morning. 8am is the optimum time to coincide with natural hormone release triggered by the circadian rhythm.
* Soft White Light use this throughout the day, early afternoon, or when using a computer screen.
* Blue Light Therapy - early evening for relaxation, it is not advisable to use any SAD lamp 3 hours before bedtime because the light is a stimulant to the limbic system.
|Programmes||10,000 lux Bright Light, 3 Light Levels, for Morning, Afternoon and Early Evening treatment options.|
|Recommended For||SAD & Bright light therapy is amazing for treating SAD. helping to combat anxiety and depression as well as regulating natural circadian rhythms which can help to prevent weight gain.|
|Included Contents||1 10,00 Lux SAD Light therapy box | Power cable and plug | Instructions for use|
|Certification||CE marked for medical use|
|Power||Mains powered using supplied plug and cable.|
|Guarantee||3 Years Manufacturers Guarantee|