SELFCheck Blood Glucose Level Test
- Diabetes test kit - test your blood glucose levels
- Home diabetes test, find out quickly if you are at risk
- Detects levels of blood glucose ranging between 1-55mmol/l (0-1000mg/dl)
- Easy to use with visible result within 2 minutes
- A quick, simple, reliable blood test to be performed at home
- Buy 2 for £11.40 each and save 5%
- Buy 3 for £10.80 each and save 10%
Could you be at risk from developing diabetes? Find out with this glucose test kit
Our blood glucose level test kit is a sterile rapid test for determining whether your blood glucose levels are within normal limits..
Why is this Blood Glucose Level test important?
- Diabetes affects over 2 million people in the UK and tends to affect adults over 40 and overweight people
- Diabetes is a silent illness and first occurs without symptoms
- Left undetected and untreated it can lead to kidney failure
Why test and control blood glucose levels?
High blood glucose levels can lead to diabetes. Our everyday diet is rich in sugars, mostly due to processed food. Diabetes affects 2 million people in the UK and the trend is rising. Diabetes could lead to other conditions, including problems with blood vessels, kidneys and eyesight.
Who is the diabetes home test kit for?
Everyone, but strongly recommended for adults aged 40+. Strongly recommended for people suffering with high cholesterol, as their risk of arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) may be increased with diabetes.
How to perform the test:
- Wash your hands, remove the lancet from it's packaging and press it to your fingertip
- When the lancet lever is pressed you will quickly and painlessly be able to draw a drop of blood
- Place the blood onto the test strip and wait for 30 seconds, using the provided plaster to cover your finger
- After 60 seconds the test strip will change colour to indicate your result
What is the interpretation of results?
To obtain optimum results, you should carry out the test on an empty stomach (no food or drink for 12 hours prior to testing). Note that the levels indicated below are valid in the morning and before meals. Meals usually raise sugar levels temporarily and can affect the results. In the evening, glucose levels are naturally slightly raised to 8mmol/l.
What is the blood glucose level?
The blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) in the blood. It is also known as serum glucose level. It is expressed in millimoles per litre (mmol/l). Normally, blood glucose levels stay within narrow limits throughout the day but they are higher after meals and usually lowest in the morning. In diabetes the blood sugar level moves outside these limits until treated. Even with good control of diabetes, the blood sugar level will still at times drift outside this normal range.
How often should blood glucose levels be measured?
It depends on the lifestyle - the level of physical activity, diet, or any medical conditions such as high cholesterol etc. Healthy individuals would benefit from an annual check.
What should you do if your blood glucose is outside the norm?
In all cases, you should consult your doctor. Do not make any medical decisions without consulting your doctor
|Included Contents||2 test strips, 2 colour charts, 2 lancets, 2 plasters, full instruction leaflet and range leaflet|
|User Manual||View and/or Download the User Manual|