SELFCheck Pregnancy Blood Test
- Buy 2 for £14.24 each and save 5%
- Buy 3 for £13.49 each and save 10%
- Detects raised levels of hCG in the bloodstream to determine pregnancy
- Simple finger prick blood test considered far more accurate than a standard urine test
- Provides accurate results in a matter of days after conception, unlike urine tests which aren’t effective until approximately a week after a missed period
- Can be performed at any time of day and is unaffected by external factors, including fluid intake
- Uses specific antibodies & provides results in a matter of 5 minutes
The SELFCheck Pregnancy Blood Test uses a pair of specific antibodies to detect raised levels of human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG), a hormone produced in women during pregnancy. When the level of hCG in the bloodstream reaches more than 25 IU/L (reference standard of the World Health Organisation), a positive result is determined.
Although urine pregnancy tests also work by measuring this hormone level, they can only detect raised levels approximately one week after a missed period. Whereas, the SELFCheck Pregnancy Blood Test can provide accurate results in a matter of days after conception. This is because the hCG hormone produced in the placenta is first released in the blood and then into the urine. The fact that it can be performed sooner than a standard urine pregnancy test offers multiple benefits, including adopting any necessary lifestyle changes immediately.
This simple finger prick blood sample test is deemed far more reliable than a urine test and is oftentimes used in hospital laboratories to confirm urine pregnancy tests. In addition, it can be performed at any time of day, is unaffected by other factors, such as fluid intake, and will provide accurate results in a matter of 5 minutes.