Beurer BF-1000 Super Precision Diagnostic Scale
- Precision scale that gives you a full-body weight diagnostic on an Illuminated XXL display: 112X65mm
- Raised display on an aluminium stand means no bending or craning your neck and back to read your weighing results
- Displays weight, body fat, visceral fat, body water, muscle percentage, bone mass, Active Metabolic Rate (AMR) and Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- User memory for 10 different individuals with 30 measurement memory spaces for weight and health tracking
- Standing surface 10mm thick safety glass – ideal for heavier individuals with a weight capacity of 200kg/31st 6lb/440lb
State of the Art Home or Professional Scale with App Connectivity for Information Storage and Weight/Health Tracking
Get your body goals off to the right start with the Beurer BF-1000 Super Precision Diagnostic Scale! This clever diagnostic scale doesn’t just tell you your weight, it measures your body fat and muscle percentage as well as water weight, bone mass and very importantly visceral fat percentage.
Why Do You Need to Know Where the Weight You Carry Comes From?
Let’s break this down:
- Body Fat: Knowing how much body fat you have will give you an overall view of the health of your body and can also help you decide on the correct diet and exercise programme you should undertake
- Visceral Fat: Visceral fat is stored within the abdominal cavity, located near several vital organs including the liver, stomach, and intestines. It can also build up in the arteries where it can actively increase the risk of serious health problems – we need to keep an eye on our visceral fat percentage to ensure we stay healthy
- Body Water: Water retention can mean an increase in the number on the scales, so it would be great to know if and when you are carrying excess water. For menstruating women, water retention can add up to 7lbs on the scales and for pregnant women substantially more! With the Beurer BF-1000 you can rest assured you’re just carrying a little more water weight than normal.
- Muscle Percentage: Because muscle is much denser than fat, your weight may appear to put you in the overweight category on a BMI chart if you are particularly muscly. Knowing what percentage of your weight is muscle helps when working towards a body or weight loss target, the visual representation of your hard work is a real motivator to keep working towards your goals!
- Bone Mass: Bone mass measurement displays the bone mineral stored within your bone tissue. For most people, bone mass tends to peak during adulthood and decreases as we age. Regular exercise and foods rich in calcium and vitamin D can help you maintain strong, healthy bones and taking steps to increase your bone mass and density throughout your life decreases your chances of osteoporosis, bone breakage and fractures as you age.
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): Your BMR is the rate at which your body burns calories throughout the day whilst you carry out non-strenuous day-to-day tasks. Just sitting still and breathing you burn calories, though some people burn them quicker than others. Knowing your BMR can help you understand how your body burns calories and why you might struggle to lose or gain weight.
- Active Metabolic Rate (AMR): Your AMR calculates the calories you burn each day to support your activity level. When you have both your AMR and your BMR, add them together and this gives you the total number of calories you need to consume a day to maintain your current weight. Consume less, you will start to lose weight. Consume more, you will gain weight (it seems so simple doesn’t it!)
When you have all of this information to hand, you can decide on a diet and/or exercise plan to accommodate your lifestyle. You can keep track of your health and even if the scales stay the same, you can physically see you have lost fat yet built up muscle whilst on your health journey.
Does Muscle Weigh More Than Fat?
You will often hear people saying that it does, but no, it does not. Muscle and fat weigh the same; a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. BUT muscle is much denser than fat. For example, 5lbs of muscle takes up less space than 5lbs of fat; fat is ‘bigger’ than muscle and takes up more space/volume. A woman who is a size 12 and works out every single day building muscle could easily weigh the same as a woman of a size 16 who does no exercise and eats a fatty diet.
I’m Exercising Lots but Not Losing Weight, Why?
Many people become disheartened when they start eating better and exercising because basic pound and kilo scales don’t give them the in-depth body analysis that shows them their hard work really is paying off! The Beurer BF-1000 Super Precision Diagnostic Scale lets you track your development with the compatible Beurer HealthManager App, so you can look at your weight from a broader perspective and see the benefits of combining an improved diet with regular exercise. To make life easier for you, the Beurer BF-1000 advises you of your daily calorie requirements, based on the information transmitted through the 8 body analysis electrodes built into the scales.
The Beurer BF-1000 Super Precision Diagnostic Scale Features:
- Detailed full-body analysis with app connection
- Cross measurement with 8 electrodes for precise monitoring of different areas of the body
- A raised display on an aluminium stand with easy to read blue LED lighting – perfect for less mobile people and those who are visually impaired, no more bending over to read your scales!
- Weight, body fat, visceral fat, body water, muscle percentage, bone mass, AMR/BMR analysis
- Body fat and muscle percentage in body segments
- Illuminated XXL display: 112 x 65 mm
- State-of-the-art dot matrix display
- Indium tin oxide surface finish on the scale
- Brushed stainless steel electrodes (hand-held unit)
- Standing surface: 10 mm thick safety glass
- 5 activity levels
- 10 user memory spaces as well as guest mode
- 30 measurement memory spaces to track progress for motivation
- Quickstart mode
- Automatic switch-off
- Weight capacity of 200kg with overload indicator
- Free download of Beurer HealthManager app (full range of uses only available with the app)
- Adjustable between lb, kg and st
- 5-year guarantee
|Recommended For||Precision scale that gives you a full-body diagnostic including weight, body fat, visceral fat, water weight, muscle percentage, bone mass, AMR and BMR.|
|Included Contents||1 Diagnostic scale | Full Instructions|
|Power||Battery powered (includes 4 X 1.5V AA batteries)|
|Guarantee||5-year manufacturers guarantee|