Michelle Kenway Bone-Fit for Beginners Osteoporosis Exercises DVD
- Osteoporosis exercises to increase bone strength and health
- Exercises for osteoporosis from expert physiotherapist Michelle Kenway
- Based on proven research; improve the ease of everyday tasks and stay healthy for longer
- Reduce your risk of osteoporosis – all women can benefit from these exercises!
- Improves bone health, muscle strength, core control, spinal stability, posture and balance
Bone-Fit is renowned physiotherapist Michelle Kenway’s fun series of exercises for osteoporosis prevention
Half of all women over the age of 60 fracture a bone at some point due to osteoporosis. The density of women’s bones starts to go down from about the age of 40, rapidly decreasing during menopause. This leaves you vulnerable to broken bones, which can then lead to spinal curvature, loss of mobility and eventual disability.
The following factors can mean that you have a higher risk of developing osteoporosis:
- Family history of osteoporosis
- Being of Caucasian or Asian origin
- Women have a higher risk than men
- Being underweight or having an eating disorder
- Drinking excessively
- Hormone conditions such as hyperthyroidism, parathyroid disease, hysterectomy or Turner syndrome
- Crohns or coeliac disease
- Certain medications such as steroids
There are lots of healthy lifestyle choices you can make to reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis. These include eating a balanced diet with plenty of calcium, getting enough vitamin D from sun exposure and avoiding things like cigarettes. Exercise is an excellent way to increase the strength of your bones, in particular exercise where you need to support your own bodyweight such as running, tennis, dancing and walking.
These fun and easy bone strengthening exercises will reduce your risk of osteoporosis
You can ensure that you’re getting most potential out of your exercise routine by doing specific exercises to increase bone density. This osteoporosis exercises dvd features 37 minutes of exercises, devised and presented by renowned pelvic floor physiotherapist and fitness instructor Michelle Kenway.
These exercises are specially designed to have the following benefits:
- Improving bone health, particularly of the hips, spine and wrists
- Increasing muscle strength, especially in the legs, buttocks, back and upper body
- Strengthening core muscles
- Improving weight management for less strain on bones
- Improving flexibility and balance to decrease the risk of falling
3 stages for all abilities and fitness levels
There are 3 levels of exercise in the programme, increasing from chair-based ones to ones that use a fitness ball, so that you can gradually build up your strength. Michelle will also talk you through some gentle and safe stretching and posture exercises that will make you feel fantastic!
The levels increase as follows:
- Basic: a series of chair based exercises with the option to use light weights, designed for beginners
- Intermediate: the next level up, for those who feel comfortable sitting on a fit ball and using hand weights
- Advanced: this builds on the first two levels, with more advanced strength and fitness ball exercises
Michelle’s friendly and easy to follow presenting style makes exercising fun. She is a published author and her expert knowledge incorporates over 20 years of experience with two postgraduate degrees and her own highly successful studio in Cleveland, Australia. Bone-Fit is the ultimate way to ensure you have years of healthy and fulfilling life ahead of you!
|Recommended For||Improving bone health, muscle strength, posture and balance to combat the risk of osteoporosis|
|Can Be Used With Biofeedback||No|