Wellys Four Footed Non-Slip Walking Stick Ferrule
- Walking stick ferrule with ‘Gecko Grip’ technology for improved balance and safety for people with mobility issues
- Quadruple pronged rubber ferrule allows you to walk more stably & safely even on grass & thick carpets
- Unique rubber grip design that grips the floor and keeps you steady on any surface protecting you from falls, trips & slips
- Easily installed; increase the surface area of your walking stick/cane’s tip by over 8 times in an instant!
- Funky modern design with a green and black colour scheme to keep you stable & safe
This ferrule for walking stick takes inspiration from the amazing feet of the gecko for unparalleled grip and stability keeping you safe from falls
Having a cane to support you while you walk increases your independence by allowing you to feel more confident while you’re out and about. But it’s not a fool proof solution – the small surface area of a walking stick’s end means that it can end up sinking into soil and grass and making you unsteady on thick carpets and rugs.
Wellys have come up with a fantastic solution that’s inspired by none other than the gecko! Their ‘Gecko Grip’ cane tip attaches to the end of your stick and provides loads of extra balance with its four ‘fingers’. It gives the end of your cane over eight times the surface area which means that your bodyweight will be more spread out and won’t cause the tip to sink into soft surfaces.
As you may know, gecko’s feet allow them to stick to any surface due to their special ridged texture. The ‘Gecko Grip’ design on the bottom of the ferrule features a unique rubber grip pattern that will make you far more stable on any surface. The colour scheme has also taken inspiration from lizards – it comes in a funky green and black pattern that will really jazz up your walking stick!
It’s suitable for canes and walking sticks with a diameter of 1.8 cm (0.7 inches) and is really easy to install.
Installing your walking stick rubber tip
- Remove the rubber tipped foot from the cane or walking stick, if it's metal tipped you might find the grippy-gecko just fits over it.
- Place the end of the cane into the hole in the Gecko safety stabiliser
- Place the walking stick safety stabiliser on the floor and firmly press your cane into the ground (if you have difficulty doing this, try slightly lubricating the end with some oil)
|Recommended For||Making a walking stick or cane more stable for added safety - even on uneven ground|
|Included Contents||Ferrule with instructions|
|Colour||Black and green|
|Height||6 cm (2.5 inches)|
|Inner Diameter||1.8 cm (0.7 inches)|
|Size||12 cm (5 inches) across|