Mooncup Reusable Menstrual Cup
- Eco-friendly reusable menstrual cup - safe period protection and long lasting
- Reusable silicone menstrual cup is much more environmentally friendly that using tampons
- Worn internally like a tampon it collects fluid that can be easily washed away
- Save lots of money when using the Moon Cup instead of tampons
- Loved by women all over the world
Made from soft, body friendly silicone the Mooncup is the eco friendly reusable menstrual cup everyone is talking about!
At around two inches long it is worn internally like a tampon but collects menstrual fluid rather than absorbing. Unlike tampons the Mooncup is not a disposable product, so you only need to buy one, so our landfill sites will thank you too!
The Mooncup will hold 30ml of fluid, which is roughly one third of the average total produced each menstural cycle. A light seal is formed with your vaginal walls allowing your menstrual fluid to pass into the Mooncup without leakage or odour. You will probably find that you need to empty your Mooncup less frequently than you currently replace towels or tampons.
The sanitary protection market is dominated by one company in particular - Procter & Gamble. They produce well known brands such as Tampax tampons, Always and Allday pads and panty liners. P&G come under a barrage of criticism for their less-than ethical practices with regards to the environment and animal welfare. Mooncup menstrual cups offer a healthier alternative to reduce health and environmental concerns to a near-zero.
Which size of Mooncup Menstrual Cup is right for me?
- Size A Mooncup measures 46mm in diameter and 50mm in length.
- Size B Mooncup measures 43 mm in diameter and 50mm in length.
- Both sizes have a pull stem 21mm long, which you can trim to the length that is right and comfortable for you.
Size A is recommended for women over 30 and those who have given birth vaginally whilst Size B is recommended for women aged below 30 or who have not given birth or given birth via caesarean. However since every woman's body is different we recommend you take into account the diameters of Size A and B and choose the one that you think will suit your body best.
Why Mooncup menstrual cups are good for you and good for the environment
- The UK sanitary protection market is worth in excess of £267 million
- Every day, here in the UK, 2.5 million tampons, 1.4 million sanitary towels and 700,000 panty-pads and liners are flushed down our toilets
- In Britain, every year, we would need to dig a hole 300 feet wide and 300 feet deep to bury the used sanitary pads and tampons that we women throw away
- One of the main ingredients in tampons is Rayon, it is highly absorbent and usually chlorine-bleached. Since 1918 it has been known that toxins can be absorbed into the body through the vagina
- Tampons absorb 65% of your menstrual fluid and 35% of your body's natural moisture, this creates imbalances in the moisture and pH levels of your vagina
|Recommended For||Period protection for active women|
|Included Contents||Cotton breathable storage bag|
|Length||5cm (2 Inches)|
|Can Be Used With Biofeedback||No|
|Adjustable||Yes - Snip stem to desired length|
|Size||A - Women over 30 with children, B - Women under 30 no children.|
|Washing Instructions||Rinse with water or non-perfumed soap, boil or sterilise once a month|