MediGoo Carcinoma embryonic test
- Buy 2 for £23.74 each and save 5%
- Buy 3 for £22.49 each and save 10%
- Fast and convenient test for checking Carcinoma Embryonic Antigen (CEA) levels in the blood
- Raised CEA levels are indicative of some cancers, check levels in an instant
- Quick and easy test is almost completely painless and detects concerning levels of CEA
- No specialist testing equipment required with no need to send off to a laboratory
- Laboratory standard results in minutes without the anxious wait
Quick and Easy Testing Kit for Professional Use Anywhere
Carcinoma Embryonic Antigen (CEA) was first identified in 1965 by doctors studying tissue extracts from a human colon cancer sufferer. Since this time, CEA has been identified in the tissue and blood of those suffering from different cancer types, including:
- Stomach cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Lung cancer
- Breast cancer
- Medullary thyroid cancer
Use for Peace of Mind or Early Detection
The Medigoo CEA blood test can tell a patient in minutes if the levels of CEA in their body are normal, if they are raised further tests should be carried out; the sooner cancer is found the higher the chance of a full recovery. Whilst a raised level of CEA does not immediately mean a person has developed cancer, this test is a quick and convenient way to check for indicative signs. Those with a history of cancer in their family may wish to use this test at 6 monthly intervals, for example, for peace of mind. For the bedbound or infirm, this test can be carried out at home by a healthcare professional as it requires no specialist equipment or laboratory to give results.
It is worth noting that CEA levels can be raised in smokers as well as in those with other, non-cancerous conditions such as ulcerative colitis, pancreatitis, cirrhosis, COPD, Crohn's disease, and hypothyroidism.
Please note that this is a blood testing kit whereby you will be required to use a lancet (included) to obtain a sample.
|Recommended For||Early detection of some cancers|
|Included Contents||Test cassette | Alcohol pad | Lancets | Pipettes | Buffer | Package insert|