Blood Spot Test for Vitamin D
- Easy to use home test for vitamin D deficiency
- Professional results provided by the NHS
- Receive your results in around 5 days
- Gives precise results so you can suitable supplement your diet
- Provides all equipment and instructions you need to safely take a blood sample
Vitamin D is important for many aspects of your health. It regulates the levels of calcium and phosphate in your body, these nutrients are vital for healthy bones, muscles, and teeth. The main source of vitamin D is from your skin being exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D can also be found in a small number of foods including oily fish, red meat and egg yolks however the majority of people rely on sun exposure to get their levels of vitamin D up.
It will be of no surprise then that during the winter months large numbers of people suffer from vitamin deficiency due to reduced day light hours and the weather meaning people prefer to spend their time indoors. Being deficient of vitamin D can lead to you feeling very fatigued and tired, more susceptible to illness, feeling very low and problems for you skin, bone, and muscle health. All of these symptoms you would usually just associate to the winter blues and there isn’t too much you could do about it. However, by simply adding more vitamin D into your diet it could address all of those symptoms.
How do I know if I am vitamin D deficient?
If you are suffering from any of the symptoms above, it could be down to a lack of vitamin D. In the past if you wanted to have this tested you would have had to wait to get an appointment to see your GP then they would take a blood sample and you would then have to wait for the results to come back, a lot of effort if you are suffering from the symptoms mentioned.
The Blood Spot Test for Vitamin D allows you to test your vitamin D levels with a quick spot blood test easily and accurately;
- Clean your finger tip and massage it to encourage blood flow to the area
- Press the lancet firmly into the side of the finger to draw blood
- Dab droplets of blood onto the test card in the areas shown
- Place into the pre-paid envelope and put into the post
Within 5 days of the lab receiving your completed test they will send your results.
If your results happen do say that you are vitamin D deficient then we have you covered, we have a range of vitamin D supplements to raise your levels back up, shop the range here.
|Recommended For||For those looking to test if they have a Vitamin D deficiency.|
|Included Contents||1 Blood Spot Collection Device, 2 Needles, 1 Alcohol Wipe, 1 guide, Free post Return Bag|