Beurer SE 80 SleepExpert & Sleep Monitor Sensor
- High-precision, non-contact sleep monitor sensor & app - place under your mattress
- Connects to SleepExpert app for detailed statistics
- Measures heart rate, respiratory rate and sleep phase length
- Find your Sleep Score, tips on how to improve it & get healthier sleep
- Fresh Wake function wakes you up at the perfect time
The Beurer Sleep Expert sleep sensor measures, analyses and improves your sleep habits!
Few things have a more major effect on your health than whether you get a good night’s sleep. Sleeping gives our bodies valuable time to repair and replenish both physically and mentally. Regularly getting 7.5 hours a night can increase your life expectancy by around 5 years! Yet only 55% of us manage to get the correct amount of deep, restorative sleep.
Not getting enough quality sleep can have big consequences. You’ll find yourself unable to think clearly or concentrate, irritable and depressed. Breathing, blood pressure and metabolism can also be negatively affected, with links to conditions such as cardiovascular disease. Without time to properly repair and replenish it, the body’s immune system is weakened and you become more susceptible to illness.
Men who sleep less than 5 hours a night have a 55% higher chance of prostate cancer!
How shocking is that statistic? Here's what else lack of sleep does:
- Raises blood pressure
- Suppresses your immune system - making it more likely you'll fall prey to colds, coughs and flu - or worse!
- Heart attack, heart failure, stroke.
- Increase in bacterial infections
That's why good sleep is important, and the Sleep Expert will help you and your family get the right kind of sleep for optimum health.
Wake up at just the right time with Fresh Wake!
Sleep is divided into three phases, that cycle 5-7 times throughout the night:
- Light sleep: This takes up about 50% of sleeping time. During the first 10 minutes your muscles twitch slightly as they begin to relax, settling into sleep as they release tension. During light sleep you can be woken up fairly easily.
- Deep sleep: In this phase your muscles are fully relaxed, your heart rate slows down and your breathing becomes steady and even. This is when a lot of your muscle’s recovery from the day’s activities happens.
- REM sleep: Short for ‘Rapid Eye Movement’, the REM stage is when most of your dreams happen. Your eyes move rapidly, your brain is busy, your breath becomes irregular and muscles become paralysed so that you don’t move around in response to what happens in your dreams! This phase happens about every 60-90 minutes.
The Beurer SE 80 shows you the exact length of all of your sleep cycles, allowing you to see what quality of sleep you’re getting each night. The fantastic Fresh Wake feature uses this information to wake you up at just the right moment. When your alarm wakes you up during deep sleep it’s a big shock to your system and can leave you feeling groggy and irritable. Fresh Wake makes sure you wake up during light sleep so that you always feel well rested, energised and ready to start your day!
Track your sleep stats and get personalised tips to sleep better!
Sleep phases aren’t the only thing the Beurer SE 80 can track. When you connect your sensor to the easy to use SleepExpert app, you’ll get feedback on:
- Duration of sleep
- Breathing rate
- Heart rate
- How long it takes you to fall asleep
- How often you wake up during the night
- Daily, weekly and monthly graphs
- Phases of the moon
There is a sleep diary, which you can use to record whether you’ve had caffeine, alcohol or exercise directly before going to bed. This will help you to find out the effect these have on your sleep. All of this data is combined into an easy to interpret Sleep Score out of 100. The app will give you personalised tips on how to improve your Sleep Score. It can also alert you if you are showing signs of irregular breathing or parasomnias like sleep walking.
How does it work?
Unlike other sleep sensors, with the SE 80 there’s no need for uncomfortable straps that disrupt the very thing they’re supposed to be improving! The beautifully designed sensor is a slim disc that goes at shoulder height between your mattress and bed frame, so you won’t even notice it’s there. All you need to do is plug it into the wall with the 3 metre long power cable. Download the SleepExpert app from the App store or Google Play Store, switch on your phone’s Bluetooth and you’re ready to start learning about your sleep habits!
|Programmes||Monitors length and quality of sleep, heart rate, respiratory rate and phases of the moon.|
|Recommended For||Monitoring and analysing healthy sleep patterns|
|Can be used with||The Beurer SleepSmart app - requires a smart phone with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher and either iOS version 8.0 and above or Android version 4.3 and above|
|Included Contents||1 x sensor with UK plug and instructions|
|Length||Power cable is 3 metres long (9 feet 11 inches)|
|Power||UK plug, 100-240 V / 50-60 Hz / 0.3 A|
|Guarantee||3 Year Guarantee|
|Colour||White and grey|
|Depth||1 cm (0.4 inches)|
|Overall Diameter||15.5 cm (6 inches)|