XFT-2001D FES Foot Drop System
- Experience this revolutionary foot drop treatment that enables you to walk properly again
- New and improved FES foot drop machine, uses EMS stimulation to wake your muscles up
- Expertly designed for comfort and ease of use, used the world over by professionals and patients
- Two modes - Gait Mode helps you walk, Training Mode strengthens and rehabilitates your muscles
- Lightweight and simple to use with a remote control for use by you or your physio
This new and improved FES foot drop stimulator will help you walk again
Foot drop occurs when the muscles on the top side of the foot become weak or paralysed. This makes walking difficult as sufferers are unable to lift their foot up properly, causing it to drag along the ground. When you suffer from foot drop, walking becomes tiring and potentially dangerous as both balance and gait are affected.
Causes of foot drop include:
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
All of these conditions involve the motor nerves – these carry signals from the central nervous system to tell muscles to contract. When they don’t work properly it can cause symptoms like foot drop.
What are FES foot drop aids?
A clever way of treating foot drop is via Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES), which is a type of Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS). This uses small electrical currents to stimulate selected nerves and muscles and make them contract. When used for foot drop, FES targets the nerves at the top of the foot. This causes the foot to flex upwards and stops it from dragging on the ground.
The use of FES for treating foot drop is fully approved and endorsed by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), but it’s unfortunately not available on the NHS due to budget restrictions. We’re proud to be able to bring you access to this revolutionary device so that you can treat yourself at home. It really is a life transforming treatment that will allow you to regain your independence!
To purchase the official replacement Foot Sensor for your XFT-2001 FES Foot Drop System, please click here.
What’s new about the XFT-2001D Foot Drop System?
The XFT-2001D Foot Drop System is an FES device developed by XFT, a Chinese company that has been developing and producing high quality medical aids for over 15 years. Their products are used all over the world by both medical professionals and for at-home treatment by patients. The XFT-2001D is the new and improved third version of their popular foot drop treatment system. It’s been completely redesigned for unprecedented comfort and performance.
The key features of the XFT-2001D include:
- Bluetooth 4.0 for stable and reliable data transmission
- The new thinner, lighter, more comfortable Stim Unit and Cuff, made with breathable Lycra
- Remote control with a crystal clear OLED screen for ease of use
- Patented quick fit electrodes that make it simple to set up
- Auto-off function after 30 minutes of standby for safety
- A choice of either Gait or Training modes, for normal life and therapy sessions
How do I use my XFT-2001D?
You should use the XFT-2001D with advice from your clinician or physiotherapist – they will be able to help you choose a training programme that is right for you. It is recommended that you build up the amount of time you use the unit over three weeks so that your leg can get used to the treatment (detailed in the instruction booklet). Using and wearing the XFT-2001D involves just a few simple steps:
- Remove the Quick Fit electrode from its packaging and wet it with water
- Fit the electrode to your cuff using the included snap buttons
- Make sure your leg is clean and dry and you are sitting in a relaxed position
- Wrap the cuff just below your knee with the yellow mark along your tibia (shin bone)
- Turn on the unit and remote control and select your desired mode (see below for details)
- Press the ‘play’ button to start
This mode will help you in your physiotherapy sessions and can be used when sitting or lying down. It is a pre-set 20 minute cycle with stimulation for 1 second followed by an interval of 2 seconds. This will slow down the atrophy of your leg’s muscles, retain and improve your ankle’s range of motion and improve your blood circulation. Using the XFT-2001D will enhance your therapy sessions and accelerate your muscle recovery.
This mode can be used when walking during daily life to restore your neurological motor function. By wearing your XFT-2001D you can walk with a normal gait and make sure your muscles are fully stimulated for faster recovery. As you wear the XFT-2001D it alters your brain’s cerebral cortex and central nervous system, repairing the loss of motor function that caused your foot drop.
|Recommended For||Treating foot drop and rehabilitating the muscles that cause it|
|Included Contents||Stim Unit, Cuff, Remote Control, 2 x Quick-Fit Electrode, 5 x Gel Electrode, Power Adapter, User Manual, Storage Case|
|Colour||Grey and yellow|
|Controller||Remote control with 10 metre (32 feet) range. Measures 107 x 38 x 11mm (4.2 x 1.5 x 0.5 inches)|
|Size||Stim Unit: 75 x 70 x 10mm (3 x 2.75 x 0.5 inches) / Cuff: 495 x 117 x 2mm (19.5 x 4.5 x 0.07 inches)|
|Washing Instructions||Wipe clean. Cuff can be removed and hand washed. Replace electrode every 2 months.|