Tonus Elast Umbilical Hernia Belt
- A soft and comfortable way to treat your baby’s umbilical hernia
- Created using high-quality materials that won’t irritate your baby’s delicate skin
- Fits from new born up to 1 year old with an adjustable strap for a personalised fit
- Featured a firm nodule in the centre of the belt to put gentle pressure on the umbilical hernia and push it back over time
- A medically certified hernia belt created in Europe to the highest manufacturing standards and recommended by doctors
Treating Your Baby’s Umbilical Hernia
Umbilical hernias are very common in infants and young children and especially babies born prematurely. They are normally painless and appear as a lump in or near the belly button. They happen when the opening in your baby’s tummy doesn’t close properly after birth, leaving a hole in the muscle wall where fatty tissue or a part of the bowel can poke through, creating an unsightly bulge.
Treatment for Umbilical Hernias
If the hernia doesn’t go away itself, your child may end up needing to have surgery when they are 3 or 4 years old. You can avoid putting your child through surgery by treating the issue at home using the Tonus Elast Umbilical Hernia Belt. The belt has been designed with your baby’s health and comfort in mind, from soft and breathable materials that won’t irritate delicate skin and with a Velcro strap that you can adjust to your child’s comfort. The firm nodule in the middle of the belt works to gently push the hernia back in to place, you should see a marked improvement within 4 – 6 weeks of continuous use.
The infant’s hernia belt is one size fits all and will fit a child’s waist up to 52cm (20.5 inches).
|Recommended For||Correction of umbilical hernia on babies and small children - a gentle alternative to surgery|
|Can be used with||Tonus Elast detergent SKU 12899|
|Included Contents||1 X umbilical hernia correction belt|
|Material||polyurethane foam - 80%, polyamide - 10%, cotton - 10%.|
|Washing Instructions||Hand wash in soapy water up to 40°C. Do not bleach or dry clean. After rinsing in water, slightly squeeze with your hands, do not wring, do not tumble dry. Dry flat.|