Stratum C Menopause Spot Relief
- Specialist skin range designed for menopausal acne and blemishes
- Does not dry out or irritate skin, deeply nourishes
- Contains salicylic acid to kill spots
- Sulphur and Zinc oxide reduce inflammation and redness
- Overnight treatment
Don’t put up with menopausal acne any longer; Stratum C have a specialist solution.
Hormonal changes during the menopause can wreak havoc with our skin.
As hormone levels plummet - the changes are evident within a woman's body - hot flushes and weight gain are well known, but ageing skin, lines and wrinkles can be the most upsetting! Our skin tells all our secrets. During menopause many women suffer with problems of skin dryness, because the skin loses its ability to remain hydrated and dries up easily. Also with reduced collagen levels skin loses its elasticity so wrinkles appear.
However, another common problem of menopause is outbreaks of spots and blemishes, just like when you were a teenager.
What causes spots and acne in older skin - surely its a teenage thing?
It's those hormones again, our skin in a barometer to the changing hormone levels in our bodies - whether we are a teenager or a menopausal 50 something. Here's what can acne or spot break outs:
- Stress and anxiety - the hormone cortisol can cause excessive sebum (oil) production. Stress also delays the healing of acne.
- 50% of women suffer acne flare-ups into their 30's and 40's
- Menopause causes fluctuating hormone levels which can trigger adult acne
- High levels of testosterone - increased levels of testosterone also increases oil production in the skin.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - which causes an imbalance of hormones will affect the skin
- Thyroid problems - researchers discovered that women with post-menopausal acne have higher levels of antithyroglobulin antibodies. This might possibly be the link between acne and thyroid autoimmunity
Many acne treatments work by stripping the skin of oil in order to prevent pores from getting blocked, and this often results in skin drying out. Menopausal ageing skin is thinner and much more sensitive so harsh cleansers and treatments are unsuitable as they could damage the skin or make it sore and irritated.
Stratum C is different - it understands the needs of menopausal skin care and it's clinically proven to be effective
Stratum C is a skincare range specially designed for women in the menopause. Each product is specially crafted to nourish the skin with essential nutrients, as well as tackle the problems such as spots. Their Menopause Spot Relief is gentle enough that it won’t dry out the entire face, but tough enough that blemishes will disappear after just a few applications.
It includes 3 key ingredients; Salicylic acid which is commonly used in anti-blemish treatments as it’s tough on spots, Sulphur which stabilises the skin’s pH level in order to reduce acidity and in turn reduce inflammation, and Zinc oxide which helps to reduce redness and swelling.
Unlike some spot treatments which you apply all over the face, Stratum C is designed so that you only apply a very small amount to each individual spot. It oxidises in air to form a pink powder on the spot site. The active ingredients are stored beneath liquid, so don’t be tempted to shake the bottle up! Instead just dip a cotton bud into the pink sediment and apply directly to spots, leaving it to work its magic until you ash it off the following morning. Your spots should soon disappear, whilst the rest of your skin remains hydrated and healthy.
TV's Linda Barker - the face of the Stratum C Menopause Skin care range
|Ingredients||Purified Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Collodial Sulphur, Zinc Oxide, Salicylic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Camphor, Iron Oxide.|