SRC Health Restore Incontinence and Prolapse Compression Support Shorts
- Premium compression underwear designed for those that suffer with stage 1 or 2 stress urinary incontinence & stage 1 uterine or bladder prolapse
- Expertly engineered with patented anatomical panels to stabilise the entire pelvis & ensure optimum comfort
- Provides the perineum with continuous grade 1 level compression to stimulate a proprioceptive feedback loop to the pelvic muscles reminding them to stay active
- Activates the pelvic floor muscles, strengthening them for long lasting results - 70% of women surveyed recorded an improvement in their SUI score
- Uniquely milled fabric has undergone rigorous testing to ensure it retains shape & high level of compression
According to the NHS, between 3 and 6 million people in the UK have some degree of urinary incontinence. Additionally, it is estimated that 50% of women will experience urinary incontinence at some point during their lives, with 1 in 3 suffering stress incontinence specifically. Although the prevalence increases with age, urinary incontinence is not exclusive to the older generation. In fact, 6% of women aged between 15 and 44 are likely to experience some issues .
Because the leading cause of stress urinary incontinence is pregnancy and childbirth, it is unsurprisingly more common amongst women. However, with so many other causes, including chronic coughing, injuries, surgery, and high-impact exercise, it is little wonder that so many of us fall victim to it. So, if you are suffering with ‘laughter leaks’ or having little ‘accidents’ every time you sneeze, cough, or lift something heavy, rest assured, you are not alone!
Weakness in the pelvic floor caused by any of the afore mentioned factors may also result in pelvic organ prolapse. Another debilitating disorder that affects physical, psychological, and social wellbeing, it is thought to affect 1 in 3 women and is characterised by the following :
- Feeling like something is pushing downwards in the pelvic area
- Feeling as thought there is a foreign object in the abdomen
- A weak bladder – needing to urinate often or finding it difficult to urinate
- A ‘dragging’ pain in the abdomen
- Pain during sex
- Pressure sores and bleeding in the vagina
- Stage 1 Urinary Incontinence – light urine loss quantity, maximally 10g (10mls)/24 hours
- Stage 2 Urinary Incontinence – moderate urine loss 11 to 50g (11-50mls)/24 hours
- Stage 1 Uterine Prolapse – uterus protrudes into the upper half of the vagina
- Stage 1 Bladder Prolapse (Cystocele) – bladder slightly protrudes into the vagina
These are incredibly uncomfortable symptoms, that many of us know all too well. Again, there are many reasons for pelvic organ prolapse, including childbirth, chronic coughing, obesity, injuries, surgery, and exercise. In addition, menopause may result in the thinning of the tissues that support the pelvic organs, making prolapse more likely. So, with so many of us likely to fall victim POP, why are we still so embarrassed to seek support and even broach the topic? It’s time we all sought the help we need to ensure we lead healthy, happy lives!
The SRC Restore Incontinence and Prolapse Compression Support Shorts have been expertly designed to treat those with Stage 1 and 2 stress urinary incontinence, as well as those with stage 1 uterine or bladder prolapse (cystocele). They may also reduce the chance of those suffering with stress urinary incontinence developing pelvic organ prolapse in the future.
Expertly engineered to target the cause rather than the symptoms, this clever compression underwear activates the pelvic floor muscles, strengthening them for long lasting results. In fact, 70% of women surveyed recorded an improvement in their urinary incontinence score . A recent study (Okayana et. Al, 2019) determined that wearing supportive underwear was almost as effective at decreasing urinary incontinence symptoms as pelvic floor muscle training. In addition, using shaper underwear was also shown to be effective in elevating the neck of the bladder to reduce the symptoms and occurrence of stress incontinence.
Designed by women for women, in conjunction with qualified obstetricians, the SRC Restore Incontinence and Prolapse Compression Support Shorts are recommended by healthcare professionals worldwide. The patented anatomical support panels work in alliance with one another to fully stabilise the pelvis, while the soft waist is narrow and non-restrictive, ensuring that these compression pants are completely comfortable to wear. Complete with a back panel to support the lumbosacral area, a triple layer gusset panel to apply even compression to the entire perineal area, an abdominal panel to support the area from the umbilicus to the pubic bone and a leg panel for ease of use and discretion when worn underneath clothing, this unique underwear is unlike anything else currently available. Designed for cross compression, the gusset panel is comprised of 1 layer of shell fabric and 2 layers of open home mesh lining that are cut differently. This ensures that compression remains at the optimum level even during movement. Providing the perineum with continuous grade 1 level gentle compression, this support underwear stimulates a proprioceptive feedback loop to the pelvic muscles, reminding them to stay active/encourage activity. This effectively strengthens and trains them, reducing the symptoms of stage 1 & 2 SUI and stage 1 bladder/uterine prolapse:
SRC Restore Incontinence and Prolapse Compression Support Shorts can be worn in conjunction with treatment from a pelvic health specialist. Indeed, wearing over an extended time period whilst participating in a women’s health physio programme may improve symptoms of pelvic organ prolapse faster.
The uniquely milled fabric used to construct this premium support underwear has undergone rigorous independent testing to ensure it is of the highest quality and can stretch and return to its original shape after washing and wearing. The fabric was subjected to 100 wash cycles followed by an extension test. The fabric not only retained its original size and shape but also retained the same high level of compression. In addition, according to the garment comfort and compression survey, 100% of those surveyed said the underwear made it easier to perform daily activities and they all said that they would recommend the underwear to a friend . Easy to care for, simply wash your garment of a cold cycle with a small amount of mild detergent.
- https://srchealth.com/products/restore# :~:text=Through%20the%20use%20of%20a,of%20bladder%20and%20uterine%20prolapse
|Recommended For||Stage 1 and 2 Stress Urinary Incontinences, Stage 1 Uterine Prolapse, Stage 1 Bladder Prolapse (Cystocele)|