SmartChoices Breast Soother
- Eases discomfort associated with breast feeding
- Can be used to provide both cooling and warming therapy for nursing mothers
- Eases the symptoms of sore nipples, breast engorgement, mastitis and more
- Flexible shape is designed to fit comfortably round the breast
- Expertly designed by an experienced midwife
Breast feeding is one of the most natural things in the world, it’s a precious moment share between a mother and child. Breast milk provides the ideal nutrition for infants. It has a nearly perfect mix of vitamins, protein, and fat -- everything your baby needs to grow. And it's all provided in a form more easily digested than baby milk formula. It contains antibodies that can help your child to fight off infections. The list of benefits is endless. Whether breastfeeding comes naturally or takes a little while to get the hang of, there are still some problems that can crop up or make the process a bit tricky.
Common Challenges for Breast Feeding Mothers
- Sore Nipples- improper positioning or not latching on properly can cause your nipples to become sore or cracked, this then makes it uncomfortable next time and can lead to you stop breast feeding.
- Moist heat and ointments can help to treat sore nipples.
- Breast Engorgement- is caused by an increase in blood supply and milk in the breast tissue. The breasts can become firm, hot and tender.
- Cold therapy will relieve the pain and swelling and use heat therapy before feeding to improve milk flow.
- Blocked Milk Ducts- milk ducts can become blocked and prevent milk flow which will aggravate the problem of engorgement.Applying heat top the breast can unblock the milk ducts.
- Weaning- when weaning your baby, your breasts can produce more milk than is required, this can lead to the breast tissue becoming firm and tender.
- Cold therapy after feeding can reduce milk production and relief the discomfort.
Soothing Relief for Tender Breasts
The SmartChoices Breast Soother was designed by an experienced midwife as a solution to all conditions that are a result of breast feeding. The breast soother can be easily used as a form of both hot and cold therapy whenever you need it. Easily warmed in just 7-8 minutes or cooled in just an hour, either place the breast soother in warm water or the fridge and it will be the ideal temperature for your treatment.
The non-toxic gel pad has been specially designed to conform to the shape of the breast to give you a full coverage for complete relief from breast discomfort associated with breast feeding. Don’t let these problems get in the way of a special time with you and your child.
|Recommended For||Women who need soothing relief, cooling therapy for engorged breasts, warming therapy for blocked milk ducts, mastitis or weaning|
|Overall Diameter||15.2 x 0.6 x 15.2 cm|
|Washing Instructions||Slightly damp cloth and wipe gently|