Red Scoop Bowl for Alzheimer's
- Buy 2 for £10.44 each and save 5%
- Buy 3 for £9.89 each and save 10%
- Helps dementia and Alzheimer sufferers with food recognition
- Can increase food intake by 25% and prevent weight loss
- High edge to prevent spills
- Suction cup base for added safety and security
- Also ideal for safe and effective one-handed eating
Using red tableware can help Alzheimer’s sufferers to consume more food and drink and avoid weight gain.
Studies have found that red tableware such as bowls, plates and cups helps people to recognise food against the plate compared to plain white, with results showing that when using a red plate 24% more food was eaten. This is important when statistics show that 40% of people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s will experience severe weight loss due to their loss of interest in food.
This Red Scoop Bowl is a dementia aid that will help someone with Alzheimer’s recognise food and feel more comfortable eating. It is specially designed for use by those who may have limited movement in their arms and hands. One side is higher than the other so that the user can easily eat with one hand without spilling or pushing their food out of the bowl, and there is a suction-cup base to prevent the bowl from slipping or tipping.
The bowl measures 150mm in diameter and is microwave and dishwasher safe.
|Recommended For||Dementia and Alzheimer sufferers and one-handed eaters.|