Rectocele Realignment Vaginal Splinting Device
- Vaginal splinting device to assist with restricted bowel movements due to a rectocele
- Ergonomically designed to fit comfortably into the vagina for the relief of a full bowel movement
- Stainless steel construction means the device can be heated or cooled to your desired temperature – warming the device can offer relief from pain and encourage collagen production in the vagina
- Physically durable with the ability to be safely washed using high temperatures for complete hygiene
- An ideal alternative to using a finger; the long handle means you can comfortably insert the device into the vagina without overstretching
What Is A Splinting Device and Who Can It Help?
A splinting device can be used to temporarily relieve the user from the symptoms of a severe or minor rectocele, thus allowing the user to attain a full and complete bowel movement in comfort, without having to use their finger.
Rectocele occurs when the front wall inside the rectum bulges into the back wall of the vagina. This condition can occur due to thinning of the tissue between the rectum and the vagina (known as the septum) and weakening of the pelvic floor muscles.
The thinning of these tissues and a weakened pelvic floor are extremely common in women who:
- Have given birth vaginally
- Have experienced trauma during childbirth from the use of forceps or vacuum, for example
- Have had to have their perineum cut (episiotomy) during childbirth
- Are of menopausal age
- Have a history of constipation or chronic straining when using the toilet
- Have experienced gynaecological or rectal surgeries
How Does the Device Work?
Inserted correctly into the vagina, the device works by simply pushing the rectocele back into the anus and effectively realigning the rectum to allow stools to pass through and out of the anus.
If splinting is not performed during a bowel movement, the stools may become lodged in the bulge of the rectum, leaving the sufferer with a feeling of having had an incomplete bowel movement. This is not only uncomfortable and inconvenient as the sufferer will feel the need to visit the toilet more often, it is also bad for your health due to toxins remaining inside your body, that really ought to be expelled.
Who is this device for?
- If you currently use finger splinting, digital splinting or perineal pressure to defecate this is a quicker, more hygienic way to pass a stool
- If you have had pelvic surgery for prolapse or hysterectomy, or you have had a TVT mesh inserted, splinting can help make bowel movements easier without the straining which may cause irreversible damage to the pelvic floor
- If you have experienced a bladder prolapse you are more likely to suffer rectal prolapse too as the muscles are already weakened, so self-care is essential. This device may be used as a preventative measure to stop you straining on the toilet
What Are the Benefits of a Stainless-Steel Vaginal Splinting Device?
- This device is extremely durable and guaranteed to last you a lifetime
- It can be cleaned using high temperature water with no damage what-so-ever to its shape or the smoothness of its surface
- You are not restricted on which lubricant you can use, as the stainless-steel material is safe for use with oil or water-based lubricants of your choice
- The smooth, curved edges mean this device will ease into the vagina comfortably with no unexpected sharp edges causing pain
- The extremely strong steel will not bend or move unexpectedly when you have inserted it into a comfortable position.
- The impact of plastic on the environment is immeasurable, stainless steel is 100% recyclable making this device a friend to you, and to the planet
You may wish to warm the device up in warm water prior to insertion. Gentle heat applied inside the vagina is used as therapy to increase blood flow to the area, which in turn encourages collagen production. Collagen is a vital protein in the strengthening of muscles, so you may find that gently heating the splinting device, over time could see a natural improvement in your pelvic floor.
Similarly, if you are experiencing burning or itching down below due to vaginal dryness brought on by menopause, you can cool the splinting device to your desired temperature before use to get relief from these symptoms. These are options you don’t have using plastic devices or indeed, your finger.
Thoughtfully Designed by Women, For Women
At Stress No More, we understand the impact that issues such as rectocele can have on your life, and we continually strive to find answers and medical solutions to ease the suffering caused by such issues. Our products are designed with the user in mind, and we hope you can find the relief you crave using our vaginal splinting device.
|Recommended For||Realignment, and relief, from a rectocele (rectal prolapse), cystocele (bladder prolapse) or a descending perineum.|
|Included Contents||1 X Vaginal Splinting Device 1 X Instructions for use|
|Washing Instructions||Can be washed at high temperature.|