Pink Pearls Plus Sponge Pessary
- Dense and firm sponge to protect against pelvic organ prolapse
- Acts the same as a pessary by supporting your internal pelvic organs
- Helps relive the ‘dragging’ sensation of prolapse
- Can prevent the worsening of prolapse
- Can be trimmed down to give the perfect size and fit
Pink Pearls Plus are a natural support solution and a great alternative to a traditional pessary for pelvic organ prolapse
Jade and Pearl Plus Pessary help to provide natural support for women suffering with pelvic organ prolapse. Unlike traditional pessaries for prolapse, Pink Pearls are not abrasive, do not need fitting by a professional, inexpensive, and far less invasive.
Pink Pearls have been specially chosen for their size and density which has found to be perfect for supporting pelvic organ prolapse. Wearing the Pink Pearls in the vagina can help to support the fallen organ and provide relief from the everyday symptoms of prolapse. Pink Pearls Plus are a larger size than a traditional pessary but they can be trimmed to give you a perfect fit. Knowing the correct size first time is unlikely which can mean wasted money, Pink Pearls give you the ability to use trial and error for the best fit.
Although wearing a pessary cannot cure a prolapse, it can give you relief from prolapse symptoms and also help to prevent a prolapse from worsening, as they work to support the internal organs.
We recommend using a gentle, natural, water-based lubricant to make it easier to insert the sponges. Don't be alarmed when you first open the packet - at first glance, Sea Pearls Plus do seem pretty big, however, once you have wet them and squeezed the excess water out, you will realise how soft they are, and they can be trimmed to fit. If you accidentally trim them too small, you can wear two Sea Pearls at the same time.
Caring for Your Sponge
Sponges are delicate, so great care should be taken when cleaning and using them. When cared for properly, sponges up to 3 months.
1. Use a chemical-free, natural soap or soak for 5 to 10 minutes in a cup of warm water with one of the following:
- 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide (this helps to eliminate discoloration)
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of baking soda (this helps to restore density and volume)
2. Rinse sponge and squeeze out the excess water.
- Do not boil your sponge! Boiling toughens and shrinks sea sponges.
- Do not soak your sponges longer than the recommended time as this can cause your sponge to deteriorate faster.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or soaps!
Cleaning Your Sponges
Pink Pearls can be rinsed and reused multiple times and they do not need to be sanitised after each use. We recommend that you clean your sponge:
- Before using for the first time
- Once daily during use
- If the sponge develops an unpleasant odour
- Prior to storing
Sponges should be completely dry before being stored and should be kept in a breathable container or bag.
Trimming Your Sponge
When wet, your sponge will compress and become extremely soft and pliable. If you think your sponge is too large, it can easily be trimmed to a custom size.
Sponges are easiest to trim when dry but can also be carefully trimmed when wet.
Do not cut your sponge in half as Pink Pearls are trimmed to a specific shape.
Using scissors, trim around the perimeter of the sponge, a little at a time until you reach the desired size.
If the surface of your sponge becomes ragged, don't tear, or rip the sponge; instead, trim the loose pieces off with scissors until the surface is smooth. This will extend the lifetime of your sponge.
|Brand||Jade & Pearl|
|Recommended For||Supports your pelvic organs to protect against pelvic organ prolapse|
|Included Contents||1 x Pink Plus Sponge|
|Adjustable||Can be cut down to correct size|
|Size||10.5cm x 9cm x 7cm|