Philips Respironics Threshold PEP for Airway Clearance
- PEP Therapy device for airway clearance, bronchial hygiene, or as an alternative to chest physical therapy
- Strengthen the lungs and airways and stops them from closing
- Suitable device for patients of all ages
- This threshold PEP helps patients breathe more freely by improving mobilisation and preventing an accumulation of secretions
- When combined with respiratory drug delivery via nebuliser or MDI spacer devices, the Threshold PEP promotes effective breathing
Resistance Training for the Airways
For those with respiratory illnesses, Positive Expiratory Pressure Therapy (PEP Therapy) can help to clear excess secretions from the lungs, reduce gas trapping and improve ventilation of the lungs. The Philips Respironics Threshold PEP for Airway Clearance features a manometer to tell you what level of pressure you are supplying with each exhale. As you train your lungs and airways, the pressure you will be able to hit will increase, this shows that your work is paying off.
PEP therapy is believed to temporarily increase functional residual capacity (FRC) and tidal volume – this is the amount of air moved in and out of the lungs during each breath cycle. The positive pressure is thought to assist in opening the airways up to reduce airway collapsibility and promote more regular expiratory airflow.
|Recommended For||Philips PEP Therapy device to help clear excess secretions from the lungs, reduce gas trapping and improve ventilation of the lungs.|
|Included Contents||1 Nose clip | 1 mouth piece | 1 PEP therapy unit | Full instructions for use|