Optima Gold-Plated Triple Electrode Vaginal Probe
- Medical Grade vaginal probe
- Electrodes are gold plated and made in a Nickel-free process ensure optimal conductivity without irritation
- Three independent hemispherical electrodes
- Target specific muscles groups, suitable for EMS and biofeedback
Targeted stimulation - to be used with electronic pelvic floor exercisers such as Kegel8 and Neurotrac.
The Optima is a long slim probe with 3 isolated hemispherical electrodes. The benefit of this is you can select the electrode combination you want to use based on the muscle group(s) you wish to target; the posterior, anterior or lateral muscles. This works via a triple tailed connection; connect the black tail to engage the top electrode, the red tail to engange the middle electrode or the white tail to engage the bottom electrode. Always engange two electrodes to ensure a complete circuit. The ability to use the first two electrodes is also ideal for those who have a shortened vagina, perhaps due to surgery. The Optima is inserted with the electrodes facing down with their hemispherical shape providing strong connectivity with the pelvic floor muscles. The gold plating on the electrodes and the nickel-free process in which it is made, makes the Optima a safe choice for those with a nickel intolerance.
The lead wires needed to connect your new probe to your device are included in this pack, so you can get started straight away using your new probe with your Kegel8 or other device.
How do I use the Optima Probe?
It's easy to get fantastic results from the Optima Probe, and it's also highly customisable, meaning you can effectively treat your personal problem.
1. Each of the electrodes of the Optima has it's own connection. Decide which electrodes you are going to use (see below for advice) then attach a leadwire adaptor to the connection of these electrodes.
2. Insert the lead wire into channel A of your pelvic floor exerciser.
3. Select the programme that you would like to use, then increase the mAs to a comfortable level.
4. When your programme has finished, remove the probe.
5. Clean your probe with Kegel8 Klean and store in the original packaging for protection.
Which electrodes should I use?
For Rear Stimulation (the back of the pelvic floor): Connect electrodes 1 & 2 and insert the probe fully with the electrodes pointing towards the back.
For Front Stimulation (the front of the pelvic floor): Connect electrodes 2 & 3 and insert the probe fully with the electrodes pointing towards the front.
Nerve Damage: if you have nerve damage, or a lack of sensation on one side, you can turn the probe a quarter-turn so the gold electrodes point to the side with the damage and connect electrodes 1 & 2 and insert the probe fully.
Because we trust the quality of our probes so much we extend the warranty from the standard 60 uses up to 6 months unlimited usage.
Please be aware if you are nickel intolerant we advise the electrode surface be examined before use to ensure the surface has not been scratched during storage. The probe can safely be used for up to 2 years providing all manufacturers recommendations are followed.
This probe is fitted with 2mm male pigtail connectors and are compatible with most TENS/STIM/EMG machines via your leadwire.
*To help extend the life of your probe and the lead wires we advise that when unplugging them you pull from the head of the connector and not from the wire (shown above) as this can damage the inside of the wire. The best way to avoid damaging them is to only remove the wires when you are changing probes as there is no reason to any other time.*