MyCare Vitamin D Self Test
- Detect low levels of Vitamin D in the bloodstream & obtain accurate results in as little as 10 minutes
- Incredibly quick & simple process – safe & pain-free finger prick test
- Fast results enable you to act accordingly & implement any diet/lifestyle changes immediately
- Maintaining optimum levels of Vitamin D ensures the correct functioning of the central nervous system & musculoskeletal system
- Vitamin D deficiency can result in osteoporosis, a loss of bone density, high blood pressure, heart disease, immune system disorders & more
The MyCare Vitamin D test is a rapid immunochromatographic test to detect the level of total 25-hydroxy vitamin D in the bloodstream and will provide a yes/no result as to whether your vitamin D level is sufficient. The cut-off value of the test is 30 ng/mL ± 4 ng/mL.
Vitamin D ensures the correct functioning of the central nervous system and the musculoskeletal system, whilst improving the absorption of essential nutrients & increasing overall bone density
According to national surveys in the UK, across the population approximately 1 in 5 people have low vitamin D levels. Low vitamin D levels are associated with a higher risk of poor musculoskeletal health such as rickets, falls and poor muscle strength . Vitamin D is vitally important for the central nervous system (CNS) to function properly and transmit the correct signals to prevent fatigue, muscle cramping and correct any imbalance in cardiac function. In addition, it helps the body to absorb calcium for stronger bones and a healthy skeletal system. Indeed, a lack of Vitamin D can lead to osteoporosis and a loss of bone density.
Get highly accurate results in as little as 10 minutes so you can implement any diet or lifestyle changes immediately, if necessary
Vitamin D deficiency can potentially lead to high blood pressure and heart disease, immune system disorders, diabetes and infections, and is even thought to contribute to certain cancers. That’s why it’s important to detect low levels of Vitamin D at an early stage. This highly accurate, scientifically developed home testing kit ensures reliable results in as little as 10 minutes. So, now there’s no need to wait weeks for your doctor to get in touch; diet or lifestyle changes can be implemented immediately, if necessary. Not only will acting on a positive result improve physical well-being, it is also likely to improve overall mood and mental well-being, as a lack of Vitamin D has also been shown to cause depression amongst many.
The importance of maintaining good levels of Vitamin D in the body is important for people of all ages, whether during growth (rachitis) or adulthood. It is also imperative for women going through the menopause, who become more susceptible to a loss in bone density.
The process is simple:
- Turn the blood lancet cap and remove it. Prepare the lancet
- Disinfect your fingertip
- Set the blood lancet on the fingertip and push the switch-on button
- Collect the blood using the dedicated pipe
- Pour the blood drop on the card
- Pour 5 buffer drops on the card
- Wait approximately 10-15 min and then read the result