MyCare Strep A Self Test
- This home testing kit detects the presence of streptococcus & provides accurate results in as little as 5 minutes
- Simple to use – collect a throat sample & add the Extraction Reagents
- No more waiting for doctor’s appointments or results!
- Diagnosis is imperative so a course of antibiotics can be prescribed, otherwise strep throat can lead to further health complications
- Traditional identification procedures for Group A streptococci use techniques that require 24 to 48 hours or longer
It’s true that colds, runny noses and sore throats are simply par for the course where little ones are concerned. However, although no-one wants to be labelled as an anxious parent, it’s important to be certain, particularly when it comes to a sore throat, that the underlying cause is not somewhat more sinister.
Strep throat is a bacterial infection characterised by a sore and scratchy throat and requires a course of antibiotics to ensure the germs do not spread. Left undiagnosed/untreated, strep throat can cause inflammation of the kidneys and heart (rheumatic fever) which, in turn, can lead to painful and swollen joints and damage to the heart. Most common amongst children between the ages of 5 and 15, certain adults are also at greater risk, particularly if they have children of school going age of if they teach primary or secondary school children.
For children that suffer from sore throats often, home testing can be a godsend. And, due to the incredible efficacy and accuracy of this MyCare Strep A Self Test, it is reliable enough to save a trip to the doctor’s! Strep throat is caused by group A streptococcus bacteria and is likely to develop faster than a sore throat caused by a viral infection, such as a cold. This simple test determines the possible presence of streptococcus and provides accurate results in as little as 5 minutes. Traditional identification procedures for Group A streptococci infections involve the isolation and identification of viable organisms using techniques that require 24 to 48 hours or longer.
Now there’s no need to wait for a doctor’s appointment and then wait up to 2 weeks for the results. With this diagnosis and a simple phone call, you will be able to obtain a prescription quickly and easily!
The process for carrying out the MyCare Strep A Self Test is simple:
- Collect the throat sample
- Hold the Extraction Reagent 1 bottle vertically and add 4 full drops Extraction Reagent 1 to the extraction tube
- Hold the Extraction Reagent 2 bottle vertically and add 4 full drops to the tube