MyCare Celiac Self Test
- Test for gluten intolerance in the comfort of your own home & obtain results in as little as 15 minutes
- Detects elevated levels of certain antibody proteins in the blood indicating a negative immune response to gluten
- Incredibly simple blood test provides quick results so that a gluten free diet can be implemented immediately if necessary
- Acting on a positive result can alleviate symptoms including diarrhoea, abdominal bloating, weight loss, malnutrition, & skin reactions
- Don’t wait 2 weeks for results from the doctor’s surgery – begin to feel better right away!
Around 1% of the UK population have coeliac disease, but only 24% of those are diagnosed. This means that approximately 500,000 people in the UK remain undiagnosed .
The MyCare Celiac (Coeliac) Self Test is carried out in the comfort of your own home and provides highly accurate results is as little as 15 minutes
Coeliac disease (also known as gluten intolerance) involves a chronic immunologic reaction to the gluten contained in some grains. This reaction damages the lining of the small intestine, which results in malabsorption of nutrients and can cause symptoms such as diarrhoea, abdominal bloating, weight loss, malnutrition, and skin reactions.
This scientifically developed immunochromatographic at-home testing kit detects elevated levels of certain antibody proteins in the blood and serum that indicate a negative immune reaction to gluten. And, unlike undergoing this test in a doctor’s surgery, the results don’t take 2 weeks to come back!
The process is simple:
- Turn the blood lancet cap and remove it. Prepare the lancet
- Disinfect your fingertip
- Set the blood lancet on the fingertip and push/digit the switch-on button
- Collect the blood using the dedicated pipe
- Pour the blood drop on the card
- After 30 sec. pour 3 thinner drops on the card
- Wait 15 min and then read the result
Because the test provides accurate results so quickly, a gluten free diet can be adopted immediately if necessary. For those with coeliac disease, when gluten is removed from their diet, they will begin to feel better straight away.