SRC Health Recovery Mini
- Designed and created in consultation with the esteemed Dr Grant Saffer – Obstetrician
- For use post-partum to speed up recovery from labour whether after a caesarean section or vaginal birth
- The breathable materials keep you comfortable, dry and cool even in warmer climates
- The SRC range has been thoughtfully designed to improve mobility and pelvic muscle function after birth
- Support panels aimed at different areas of the body deliver targeted compression to treat conditions such as perineal wounds and divarication of rectus abdominis muscles (DRAM) after pregnancy.
Recover Quickly and Healthily So You Can Start Enjoying Motherhood
Your first weeks as a mother are the most incredible and undoubtedly hardest weeks of your life! You will create amazing memories as you bond with your beautiful new bundle, but this isn’t easy following the trauma of birth. The pain and discomfort associated with a C-Section delivery or perineal damage or wounds can be quite debilitating making lifting, feeding and bathing even more challenging.
You need to ensure you focus some of your energy and care back on yourself to ensure you can in turn give your child the best care possible.
Designed by Experts with Mums in Mind and Endorsed by the Australian Physiotherapy Association
Creating the SRC Health Recovery Shorts in Mini Length has been a feat of engineering and thoughtful processes. With the help of leading obstetricians, gynaecologists, women’s health physiotherapists and midwives, SRC have created a fantastic range of products that support your body throughout pregnancy and speed up your recovery after birth.
The SRC Recovery Shorts have separate panels which provide targeted care for each area of the body that may be affected by pregnancy.
- Back Panel: Supporting your back from T2 (the upper back between the shoulders) down to L5 (the lower back above the coccyx).
- Abdominal panel: Supporting recovery from muscle separation (DRAM).
- Gusset Panel: Supporting the gusset from front to back following a vaginal birth that has resulted in perineal trauma and/or stitches, or a c-section.
Discreet and Comfortable
Designed to feel like a second skin, the SRC Recovery Shorts in Mini Length:
- Are made from superior, breathable materials so you can comfortably wear the shorts under your clothing knowing they are discreet whilst also helping you recover day by day
- Work in much the same way as control underwear to hold you in, so you can even wear these shorts after you’ve recovered to keep you looking and feeling great
- Eliminate odour and keep you comfortable and dry – great following labour until everything in your pelvic region returns to normal.
- Have flatlock seams to increase comfort and prevent wound aggravation.
What Are the Benefits of Using Recovery Shorts?
Studies have shown that gentle, medical grade compression avoids muscle deactivation, prevents further tissue expansion and helps to encourage blood flow back to the heart. The SRC Recovery Shorts deliver cross compression through multi-layered support panels, providing consistent and anatomically targeted compression during movement.
By preventing vein expansion and encouraging healthy blood flow, the SRC Recovery Shorts enable faster healing of wounds. Whether you have has a C-section or perineal tears as a result of childbirth, the white cells in your blood have the responsibility of healing your wounds, so it's really important you are using a compression garment that will encourage healthy and consistent blood to flow to and from the damaged area.
The materials used are designed to be durable with the ability to stretch and recover after wearing and washing. This means you can wear the shorts for as long as you need to fully recover from your birthing experience, and afterwards as required.
Please see sizing information below prior to purchasing your recovery shorts. We recommend you ask for assistance when taking your own measurements to ensure you purchase the correct size. Measure around the hips at their largest area. The tape should sit over the top part of the pubic bone and the biggest part of the bottom and should be touching all the way around but should not be tight.
2X Small: 33 – 34.5 Inches | 84 – 88 Centimetres
X Small: 35 – 36.5 Inches | 89 – 93 Centimetres
Small: 37 – 38.5 Inches | 94 – 98 Centimetres
Medium: 39 – 41 Inches | 99 – 104 Centimetres
Large: 41.5 – 44 Inches | 105 – 112 Centimetres
X Large: 44.5 – 47.5 Inches | 113 – 121 Centimetres
2X Large: 48 – 51 Inches | 112 – 130 Centimetres
Please be advised that the model in the short video is wearing the longer legged version of these shorts.
|Recommended For||Post-partum recovery|
|Can be used with||Healing Natural Oils H-Stretch Marks Formula|
|Included Contents||1 X Recovery shorts | 1 X instruction/care leaflet|
|Material||Shell: 75% nylon 25% elastane. Lining 80% nylon 20% elastane|
|Length||This will vary between wearer but they sit just below the buttocks.|
|Washing Instructions||May be machine washed on a cold setting.|