Pelvic Floor Muscle Relaxation for Women with Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic pain expert Dr Patricia Neumann talks you through how to relax your muscles correctly by paradoxical relaxation
- Treat pelvic floor spasms at home; perfect for those who cannot find or afford visits to a physiotherapist
- Overcome pelvic floor muscle tension, vestibulodynia and vaginismus with this comprehensive exercise programme
- With user guide that contains tips and information on how to relax and understand your body
- Stop chronic pain from controlling your life, all from the comfort of your own home
Master pelvic floor relaxation exercises and paradoxical relaxation at home with the help of renowned physiotherapist Dr Patricia Neumann
Pelvic floor tension myalgia is an often debilitating condition associated with increased pelvic floor muscle tension, spasms, vestibulodynia and vaginismus. It causes chronic pelvic pain that can stop you from enjoying your life. Many women find that they can overcome this condition by training their pelvic floor muscles to relax using reverse kegel exercises. However, these exercises are often difficult to get the hang of without the help of a qualified physiotherapist – something many women have trouble accessing or affording.
This pelvic floor relaxation cd has been written and produced by Dr Patricia Neumann, a Specialist Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapist who has years of experience in helping women to overcome their chronic pelvic pain. She will calmly guide you through some exercises to relax pelvic floor muscles; it’s like having your own physiotherapist in the room with you. These pelvic floor relaxation exercises are divided into three tracks:
- Track 1: Whole body and pelvic floor relaxation – we recommend practising this daily for the first week, then once a week or as agreed with your health provider (30 minutes)
- Track 2: Short relaxation – once you are very familiar with the 30-minute relaxation, this short form is good for regular daily practice, especially before using vaginal trainers (13 minutes) or as an accompanyment to massage of the myofascial trigger points with a device such as an internal trigger point wand. (see Pelviwand).
- Track 3: The relaxation music only (20 minutes)
The cd comes with a user guide that will give you tips on how to make the most of the exercises by optimising your environment, developing an understanding of your body and relaxing. Each track features lovely soothing instrumental music by Glyn Lehmann, a successful Australian composer. With the help of this relaxation cd you will be well on your way to overcoming pelvic pain.
|Recommended For||Paradoxical relaxation, relaxing the pelvic floor muscles to relieve chronic pelvic pain. Can be used together with internal trigger wand for myofascial trigger points.|
|Included Contents||CD with user guide|
|Can Be Used With Biofeedback||No|