Mediplus Popy Silicone Shelf Pessary
- Worlds first silicone pessary for pelvic organ prolapse
- Clinically proven treatment for prolapse
- High quality medical grade silicone which is soft for easy insertion
- Anatomically shaped for maximum comfort
- Lasts for up to 10 years
A conservative, cost effective solution for 2nd / 3rd degree prolapse or procidentia
If you have a vaginal prolapse you’ll be familiar with the discomfort and humiliation it can cause for you. One of the most common symptoms of prolapse is incontinence, meaning that on top of feeling extremely uncomfortable in your vagina you need to worry about the potential of incontinence all day. The treatment options available for incontinence don’t help with this, as wearing pads and diapers can make you feel self-conscious. Pessaries are an effective way of treating both incontinence and prolapse, but they often require a doctor or nurse to insert and remove. Mediplus have come up with a much easier solution that you can use at home easily on your own.
A vaginal pessary is recommended as a first-line treatment for pelvic organ prolapse. Working together with clinicians and patients Mediplus has developed the world’s first silicone shelf pessary. With feedback from both clinical staff and patients to ensure you get a pessary that works, they can offer the user a pessary that is anatomically shaped, easier to insert and remove, and is made from medical-grade silicone to provide comfort and support for your pelvic organ prolapse.
The silicone shelf pessary has a range of benefits that other pessaries that are available don’t, including;
- Soft and malleable for easier insertion and removal
- Anatomically shaped for comfort
- Decreased risk of urethral occlusion (blocking the urethra)
- Made from high quality medical grade silicone
- Lasts up to 10 years
There are numerous pieces of clinical evidence to support the use of a pessary;
- One year after treatment women with POP report similar improvement when treated with a pessary versus surgical correction. Prospective evaluation of outcome of vaginal pessaries versus surgery in women with symptomatic pelvic organ prolapse. Z. Abdool, R.Thakar, A.H Sultan, R.S Oliver. Int Urogynecol J (2011) 22: 273-278
- POP management with pessaries is shown to have a significant improvement in enjoyment of life and interference with physical activity. Management of pelvic organ prolapse by vaginal pessaries - one year follow up. Oliver R, Lim J H, Thakar R, Sultan A H. Mayday University Hospital, Croydon, Surrey, UK.
- Pessaries have been shown to be as effective as surgery and therefore should be offered as an alternative option to surgery. Are vaginal pessaries as effective as surgery in symptomatic pelvic organ prolapse? Z.Abdool, R. Thakar, A.Sultan. Int Urogynecol J (2006) 17 (Suppl.2)
|Can Be Used With Biofeedback||No|