MediGoo Osteoarthritis Test
- Easy to use home test for osteoarthritis test
- Analyses your genetic risk of developing osteoarthritis
- Receive a full and comprehensive guide to how to reduce the risks
- Professional standard laboratory testing
- Easy to carry out buccal (mouth) swab test
Aching and problematic joints? There is a chance it could be osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is a condition that affects your joints. The surfaces within your joints become damaged so your joints don’t move as smoothly as they should do. There are numerous symptoms that can occur as a result of osteoarthritis, including;
- A grinding sensation
- Lack of joint mobility
Osteoarthritis develops over time and there are many factors that increase your likelihood of developing it, these include;
- Age- osteoarthritis tends to start from your late 40’s which is believed to be down to your bodies reducing ability to recover from general wear and tear.
- Gender- for joints, in particular the knees and hands, osteoarthritis is more common and more severe in women
- Obesity- the added weight carried puts excess pressure on the joints which becomes a contributing factor
- Injuries- a major injury or operation on a joint can lead to osteoarthritis
As well as external factors there are genetic factors that can also increase your chances of developing osteoarthritis but how do you know what these are and how to manage them?
The Osteoarthritis risk test takes a sample of your DNA and analyses your genetics to determine what level of risk you have of osteoarthritis. As well as making you aware of these risk factors you will also receive a comprehensive guide on lifestyle changes you can make that will help to reduce the impact of those genetic factors.
The test is easy to use and comes with in depth instructions, so you can’t go wrong. It is a buccal swab which collects a DNA sample from the inside of your cheek. You then just need to send your sample away in the prepaid envelope for it to be expertly analysed in a professional laboratory. Within 3 weeks you will have your results and all the advice you need.
|Recommended For||For Those wanting to see how much risk they have concerning osteoarthritis|
|Included Contents||Cotton Swabs, Instructions, Prepaid Envelope|