MediGoo Instant Cholesterol Test
- Home test for measuring cholesterol levels
- Monitor cholesterol levels to help live a healthy life
- Instant results
- Reliable laboratory level tests
- Everything you need for 2 tests
Cholesterol levels can be an accurate indicator of serious health conditions
Cholesterol is a fatty substance known as a lipid and is vital for the normal functioning of the body. It's mainly made by the liver but can also be found in some foods. Having an excessively high level of lipids in your blood (hyperlipidemia) can influence your health.
High cholesterol itself doesn't usually cause any symptoms, but it increases your risk of serious health conditions.
Evidence strongly indicates that high cholesterol can increase the risk of:
- narrowing of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- heart attack
- transient ischaemic attack (TIA) – commonly known as a mini stroke
- peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
This is because cholesterol builds up in the artery wall, restricting blood flow to your heart, brain and the rest of your body. It also increases the risk of a blood clot developing somewhere in your body.
Your risk of developing coronary heart disease also rises as your cholesterol level increases. This can cause pain in your chest or arm during stress or physical activity-known as angina.
Your GP may recommend that you have your blood cholesterol levels tested if you:
- have been diagnosed with coronary heart disease, stroke or mini stroke (TIA), or peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- have a family history of early cardiovascular disease
- have a close family member who has a cholesterol-related condition
- are overweight
- have high blood pressure, diabetes, or a health condition that can increase cholesterol levels
Medigoo Cholesterol Test allows you to determine your cholesterol level instantly at home. By determining it you can make lifestyle changes that can reduce it to a healthy state.
The test is easy to perform, just a quick and soft blood spot test that develops within a matter of minutes with full guidance to help interpret your results.
|Recommended For||for those wanting to check their cholesterol in the private of their own home|
|Included Contents||Instructions, lancet, colour chart, test strip in a foil package|