Lumie Vitamin L SAD Lamp Light Box
- Bright light therapy light box for the symptoms of SAD and mood boosting properties
- Powerful 10,000 Lux light simulates sunlight safely without UV boosting serotonin levels
- Compact size makes it portable, helps improve mood and natural energy levels
- Rippled diffuser for a soft and comfortable light that isn’t blinding
- Diffuser cover makes it comfortable to use
SAD Light therapy works on improving your mood - this light box will stimulate serotonin levels to banish the blues of dark days, stress and winter.
How often is your mood effected by the weather? When it’s a cold dark day your mood seems to mirror that doesn’t it. That’s because our bodies need sunlight to function properly. It is thought that a lack of sunlight can cause a part of the brain called the hypothalamus to stop working properly, which may affect;
- Production of melatonin- melatonin is the hormone that makes you feel sleepy, lack of sunlight can lead to an overproduction of melatonin.
- Production of serotonin- serotonin is a hormone that affects your mood, appetite and sleep. Lack of sunlight can lead to a lack of serotonin which has been found to have links to feelings of depression.
- The body’s internal clock- your body times a lot of its functions in line with the sunlight it is exposed to so when the levels of sunlight are drop your internal clock goes completely out of sync with your life.
All of the changes can lead to you suffer from seasonal affective disorder or SAD as it’s better known. SAD is what we would probably call the winter blues and can leave with symptoms such as a persistent bad mood, irritability, lack of energy, lack of motivation, struggling to get out of bed and craving unhealthy foods.
Bright Light Therapy for SAD
Although the lights in your home and office may seem like they are a sufficient alternative, but they aren’t. They illuminate a room very well, but they are nowhere near the power of sunlight. Ambient daylight is around 10,000 to 25,000 lux whereas the average office lighting is only about 500 lux so you can see there is a huge difference.
Using Vitamin L will provide you with the bright light your body needs during the darker winter months. It can help boost your energy levels, put you in a better mood. It is completely safe and has been proven to help alleviate the symptoms of SAD. It uses a light that is 10,000 lux, the same as sunlight to trick your body into thinking it is being exposed to more sunlight.
As little as 30 minutes in front of the Lumie Vitamin L in the morning is the ideal pick-me-up that will boost your mood and improve your energy levels if you struggle to get out of bed and then in the afternoon if you are getting a post lunch slump. Because it is a completely safe treatment with absolutely zero side effects there are no issues with over using the device.
The Vitamin L Bright light is slightly smaller than a sheet of A4 paper and is under 1.5cm thick making it easy to carry around for when you need it. If you struggle for time in the morning, it includes a stand so that you can place it on your desk and use it as you work away.
|Recommended For||For those affected by SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), low serotonin levels and low mood.|
|Included Contents||SAD Light, Detachable Stand|
|Certification||Class IIa Medical Device, CE|
|Warranty||3 Years Manufacturer Warranty from Date Of Purchase|
|Size||28cm x 20cm x 1.4cm|