- Daylight desk lamp helps to combat the symptoms of depression and SAD
- Lumie desk lamp with touch control operates at 10,000 LUX
- Natural and effective alternative to prescribed drugs
- Energy and mood levels are boosted
- Simulates sunlight flicker free for health, energy and vitality
Lumie daylight desk lamp gives you the sunshine when you need it most
Who gets a thrill from waking up on a dark and dull Monday morning and then having to travel to work in the ‘not-so-much’ grey sunrise? Struggling to think of someone? Yeah – no one enjoys those winter skies; c’mon who would want to travel in what seems a dreary and dark abyss to work - we’d much rather be curled up, binge watching Netflix and eating a big bar of galaxy chocolate. Many of us sleep and eat more during the dismal days, but others can suffer to such an extent that it causes overeating, depression, complete lethargy and joint pain; this is known as SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder. This is caused by the lack of bright light in winter – light helps regulate our daily rhythms and hormone production, and for some people, this lack of light can be a real and crippling problem on cloudy days.
The Lumie daylight desk lamp can ease the symptoms of SAD whilst you’re at work or at home; maybe you’re “blessed” with a hormonal teenager that needs a little boost when they’re doing homework at their desk. The SAD desk lamp has a small base which is perfect for any desk or table; the light emits at 10,000 LUX, with regular short intervals, the treatment can be more effective in alleviating these symptoms associated to SAD.
Lightboxes treat the symptoms of SAD and depression with summer levels of bright light. They lift mood, boost concentration and restore natural energy
This desk lamp is a stylish update to a traditional 'SAD lightbox' it includes 96 white LEDs which are blue-enriched in the part of the spectrum proven to regulate sleep patterns. A perfect addition to you or your teenager’s bed side table! The base of the unit is touch-control, offering four different light levels, all of which are proven to help combat the symptoms of SAD - even at the softest level treatment takes only 60 minutes. The neck is adjustable, providing you a delightful remedy whilst you’re reading your book in bed.
Believe it or not, studies have proven that the dull lighting often found in hospitals can contribute to increased pain and exhaustion, weakening a healthy immune system. We need to be exposed to 1500LUX for 15 minutes a day to establish a normal sleeping pattern – patients in hospitals receive a bare minimum of 150LUX. Researchers suggest that hospital lighting should be turned up and in the evening, turned all the way down to regulate a healthy sleeping pattern – with a sleeping pattern that is regulated and healthy, comes a healthy immune system. We appreciate that in a healthcare setting, facilities are restricted to tight budgets so why not take your health into your own hands at home with the range of Lumie SAD lights.
The Lumie daylight desk lamp can be really effective in reducing melatonin levels and boosting cortisol levels; the hormones that keep you awake and active – so no more exhausting Monday mornings at work!
Shine a little light at work and home – combat those dull and dismal days with the Lumie daylight desk lamp.
What do you get with the Lumie Desk lamp?
- Stylish look compared to other traditional lightbox designs making it more discrete/easier to use in the office
- Features a high-contrast light with adjustable neck that is perfect for reading and office work.
- Delivers a powerful 10,000 lux at a distance of only 22cm
- Recommended treatment time with soft light diffuser is 60 minutes. Remove the diffuser and treatment time reduces down to 30 minutes.
- This lamp can be used all day, or specifically for a period of treatment
- 96 blue-enriched white LEDs designed to help regulate your body clock
- 4 light levels, with touch-control