Kegel8 Comfort Dilator Set
- Expertly designed by Gynaecologists & GP's to alleviate the symptoms of dyspareunia, vaginismus, endometriosis & narrowing that occurs as a result of certain cancer treatments
- Includes 5 dilators that graduate in size for training the muscles & progressing at your own pace
- Dilator therapy is a physiotherapist approved technique for rehabilitating tight or damaged muscles
- Set includes specially formulated Kegel8 Comfort Gel to ensure optimum results & minimise any discomfort
- Comes complete with a unique grooved handle that attaches to the dilators in a simple twist motion – facilitates easy insertion
It is thought that approximately 1 in 10 British women find penetration painful. Not only can this lead to relationship problems, it may also impact overall wellbeing due to its adverse effect on confidence and mental health. Dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse/penetration) may occur for several different reasons, including vaginismus, illnesses or medical conditions (such as endometriosis), as a result of pelvic surgery or cancer treatments, or due to the menopause. Whatever the cause, it is important to never underestimate the impact of dyspareunia on our everyday lives and the importance of training/rehabilitating the muscles.
It's essential to remember; you’re not alone! Many of us will experience dyspareunia at some point during out lifetime, particularly as we reach the menopause. Indeed, the menopause causes our vagina to become drier, less elastic, and narrower, typically making penetration more uncomfortable and oftentimes painful. Vaginismus is also a common complaint among women, which may stem from an inherent fear of penetration, painful past experiences, traumatic childbirth, or any number of other reasons. This is when the vaginal muscles involuntarily spasm during penetration, making it painful and, in some cases, impossible.
Dilator therapy is a physiotherapist approved technique for the prevention, as well as the rehabilitation, of tight and painful muscles. This type of therapy may be performed vaginally or anally, depending upon the type of treatment required; in some cases, it may be the rectum that requires widening due to anorectal surgery.
The Kegel8 Comfort Dilator Set has been expertly developed by GP's and Gynaecologists. It includes 5 different dilators that graduate in size for training the muscles and progressing at your own pace. Each dilator is made from smooth, seamless, body safe plastic and features a rounded tip for comfortable insertion. As such, they are suitable for use as vaginal dilators or anal dilators. In addition, this comprehensive set includes our specially formulated Kegel8 Comfort Gel, to ensure the dilator therapy process is as smooth as possible for you.
Complete with a unique grooved handle that attaches to the dilators in a simple twist motion, the Kegel8 Comfort Dilator Set has been ergonomically designed for ease of use. Indeed, the handle allows for perfect positioning, optimum control, and targeted treatment. For optimum results, it is recommended that you leave your chosen dilator (which will likely increase in size as your muscles become stronger) in position for between 5 and 20 minutes twice daily for the first six weeks and then 3 times a week for the next six months. However, you’ll find detailed instructions included with your Kegel8 Comfort Dilator set.
The sizes of the Kegel8 Comfort Dilators are as follows:
- Dilator Size 0 - 7cm x 1.5cm (2.75 inches x 0.62 inches)
- Dilator Size 1 - 9cm x 2cm (3.5 inches x 0.75 inches)
- Dilator Size 2 - 11cm x 2.5cm (4.25 inches x 1.25 inches)
- Dilator Size 3 - 14cm x 3cm (5.5 inches x 1.25 inches)
- Dilator Size 4 - 16cm x 3.5cm (6.25 inches x 1.5 inches
|Included Contents||5 x Kegel8 Dilators, Kegel8 Lubricant (100ml), Storage Case|
|Material||Body Safe Plastic|