Sea Pearls Plus Natural Sponge Pessary
- Buy 2 for £31.34 each and save 5%
- Buy 3 for £29.69 each and save 10%
- Premium Sea Pearls sponges, extra large & firm to support prolapsed pelvic organs
- Natural sponge pessary acts as a great natural alternative to a pessary for pelvic organ prolapse
- Works to support the 'fallen' internal organs, adds bulk for support
- Helps to relieve the 'dragging' symptoms of prolapse
- Can be trimmed to fit all women
Premium Sea Pearls Plus are a natural support solution and a great natural alternative to a pessary for pelvic organ prolapse
Sea Pearls Plus Pessary help to provide natural support for women suffering with pelvic organ prolapse. Unlike traditional pessaries for prolapse, Sea Pearls are not abrasive, do not need fitting by a professional, inexpensive and far less invasive.
Sea Pearls are 100% natural sea sponges which have been hand-selected for their size and density. Wearing the Sea Pearls in the vagina can help to support the fallen organ and provide relief from the everyday symptoms of prolapse. Sea Pearls Plus are a larger size, but unlike traditional pessaries, they can be trimmed to give you a perfect fit, because every woman is different.
Whilst wearing a pessary cannot cure a prolapse, they can help to give you relief from prolapse symptoms and can also help to prevent a prolapse from getting worse, as they work to support the internal organs.
We recommend using a gentle, natural, water-based lubricant to make it easier to insert the sponges. Don't be alarmed when you first open the packet - at first glance, Sea Pearls Plus do seem quite large. However, once you have wet them and squeezed the excess water out, you will realise how soft they are and they can be trimmed to fit. If you accidentally trim them too small, you can wear two Sea Pearls at the same time.
Sea Pearls Plus come in one size, and you will receive two sponges (so you have one to wash and one to wear), an illustrated instruction guide with details on how the Sea Pearl can help your prolapse and how to clean it properly.
Caring For Your Sea Sponges
Sponges are delicate, so great care should be taken when cleaning and using them. When cared for properly, sponges last between 3 and 6 months, and can last even longer. You can use your sponges for up to 12 hours at a time.
1. Use a chemical-free, natural soap or soak for 5 to10 minutes in a cup of warm water with one of the following:
- 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide (this helps to eliminate discoloration)
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of baking soda (this helps to restore density and volume)
2. Rinse sponge and squeeze out the excess water.
- Do not boil your sponge! Boiling toughens and shrinks sea sponges.
- Do not soak your sponges longer than the recommended time as this can cause your sponge to deteriorate faster.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or soaps!
Cleaning Your Sea Sponges
Sea Pearls can be rinsed and reused multiple times and they do not need to be sanitized after each use. We recommend that you clean your sponge:
- Before using for the first time
- Once daily during use
- If the sponge develops an unpleasant odour
- Prior to storing
Sponges should be completely dry before being stored and should be kept in a breathable container or bag.
Trimming Your Sea Sponges
When wet, sea sponges compress and become extremely soft and pliable. If you think your sponge is too large, it can easily be trimmed to a custom size.
- Sponges are easiest to trim when dry but can also be carefully trimmed when wet
- Do not cut your sponge in half as Sea Pearls are trimmed to a specific shape
- Using scissors, trim around the perimeter of the sponge, a little at a time until you reach the desired size. Remember; the more you trim, the less liquid it can absorb.
If the surface of your sponge becomes ragged, don't tear or rip the sponge; instead, trim the loose pieces off with scissors until the surface is smooth. This will extend the lifetime of your sponge.
What Are Sea Sponges?
Sea sponges are plant-like creatures that grow in colonies in the ocean; Premium Sea Pearls comes from the Mediterranean. Sea sponges are the simplest form of multi-cellular animals and have no nervous system or brain.
How Are Sea Sponges Sustainable?
Sea sponges are a renewable resource as they possess remarkable powers of regeneration; they have the ability to regrow lost parts broken off by water currents. Sponge fragments can also settle in new locations and regrow into a clone of its parent sponge. When sponges are harvested, divers cut them so the base of the sponge remains intact; this ensures that the sponge has the ability to regenerate and regrow so they can return and harvest them over and over again.
Sea sponges reproduce sexually, however, most sponges are both female and male and will play either role during reproduction. When a sponge acts as a male, it releases sperm that travel and fertilize eggs in a sponge acting as a female. The fertilized eggs develop into baby sponges that are released into the water, they then settle down and start growing. The next time the sponges reproduce, they may change sexual roles.
How Are Sea Sponges Harvested?
Sponges are harvested by hand-cutting the sponge, or by using a hook and tearing the sponge free. Research has shown that cutting the sponge and leaving the base intact is the best method because it encourages a speedier regrowth. In areas where sponge diving is permitted, divers are required to harvest sponges by cutting rather than tearing the sponge free.
There are several measures in place to protect marine ecosystems and the sponge population:
- All sponges harvested must have a minimum dimension of 5 inches.
- There are over 5000 varieties of sponges, and only a small percentage are harvested for commercial use; these are generally not found in coral reef areas.
- Sponge harvesting is strictly prohibited in sanctuaries such as the Biscayne National Park and the Everglades National Park.
|Brand||Jade & Pearl|
|Recommended For||Natural sea sponge product to help with pelvic organ support for those looking for a pessary for prolapse.|
|Included Contents||2 Sea Sponges and Instructions|
|Material||Natural Sea Sponge|
|Adjustable||Can be trimmed to fit|
|Does Not Include||Dioxins, Synthetic Fibres|
|Size||One Size - Can Be Trimmed|