Intimina Ziggy Menstrual Cup
- The economical, eco-friendly, safer alternative to tampons and pads
- The most comfortable cup ever - special flat fit design
- The only menstrual cup that can't be felt - even during intercourse
- Offers a fantastic 12 hours period protection
- 100% body-safe, medical grade silicone that reduces the risk of contracting Toxic Shock Syndrome compared to using tampons
Menstrual cups are becoming ever more popular due to improved period protection, body safe materials, financial viability and benefits to the planet. When you consider all of these factors you begin to wonder why tampons would ever be an option. Through extensive research, Intimina found that women were mainly put-off trying a menstrual cup due to concerns over how they would feel and the perceived size of them, as a result of their research they created the innovative Ziggy Menstrual Cup.
Ziggy Cup: The most comfortable cup ever!
Ziggy Cup’s revolutionary flat-fit design means it is the only menstrual cup that cannot be felt whatever you are doing, this includes during sex. Petal-thin and with a leak-proof double rim, Ziggy offers you everything you've always wanted during your period: comfort, self-confidence and total freedom for 12 hours at a time. The hexagonal pattern strengthens the cup and creates resistance so fluid stays put, meaning that your Intimina Ziggy Menstrual Cup never gets in the way or causes you discomfort. This silicone is also nonporous so it resists bacterial growth and its smooth surface makes it super easy to clean.
Ziggy Cup vs Tampons
- The Ziggy Cup gives you 12 hours protection
- Made from 100% body-safe, medical grade silicone
- Hypoallergenic, latex-free, phthalate-free, and completely nontoxic
- Doesn’t absorb moisture: no dryness, no irritation, respects intimate balance
- Lasts for 2 years so you can save your money for more important things
- Reusable planet-friendly protection doing the job of around 325 tampons!
- Tampons will only give you 8 hours of protection but even this is asking a lot of your tampon if you have a medium to heavy flow
- The pull string becomes saturated with urine after just a few hours, so for hygiene reasons you probably find you will change your tampon long before 8 hours are up
- Often made with bleached rayon and cotton fibres
- Can contain harsh chemicals such as; dioxin, furans, petrochemicals, pesticides, and fragrances
- Absorbs vaginal fluid, including menstrual flow and natural moisture which can then cause infections such as thrush
- Sanitary products cost at least £60 a year for women with a light flow, the heavier the flow, the heavier the impact on your bank account
- A woman will use 12,000 disposable sanitary products over her lifetime, many of which take up to 800 years to fully bio-degrade
Tampons and their association with Toxic Shock Syndrome
Using a tampon with absorbency capabilities greater than your actual flow can vastly increase the chance of contracting Toxic Shock Syndrome. When you consider the difference in flow from day 1 to day 5, this means that to be completely safe, you would need to buy 2 or maybe even 3 different sizes of tampon to cover you for your whole period.
When you consider that the modern-day tampon was created in 1929, it's understandable that so many women are now looking to healthier, environmentally friendly alternatives that fit with our modern lifestyles and modern living. so, what are you waiting for? Step out of the early 20th century and in to the 21st century, get Ziggy with it with the Intimina Ziggy Menstrual Cup.
|Recommended For||Economical, eco-friendly, and safer alternative to tampons and pads|
|Included Contents||Ziggy cup, storage case|
|Material||Medical grade silicone|