Ideaworks Leather & Vinyl Repair Kit
- Leather repair kit to repair rips, tears, holes or burns with perfect results
- This leather care set will have your leather or vinyl looking good as new
- Unique repair compound can match any colour and texture
- Safe and easy to do at home, with step by step instructions
- Suitable for furniture, shoes, clothes, luggage, car interiors and more
This vinyl & leather repair kit will fix rips and tears quickly and cheaply with flawless results!
Leather is one of the most luxurious of fabrics – whether it’s genuine leather or leather effect vinyl, part of the appeal is how pristinely smooth it looks. Just one rip or tear can totally ruin the effect! If this has happened to you then it’s hard to know what to do, as it can’t be stitched up or patched like fabric can. Unless you want to spend an absolute fortune on getting things reupholstered there aren’t many options for things like leather sofa repair.
Not to worry! This vinyl and leather repair kit makes clothing, furniture, footwear, luggage and leather car seat repair affordable, effective and simple to do at home! Whatever has happened, you can fix it; rips, holes, burns and more. This kit has everything you need to make your leather or vinyl look good as new again. You can even match the colour and grain exactly! The durable and flaw-free repairs you can achieve with this kit will save you time, money and headaches.
Using the leather & vinyl repair kit
- Clean the damaged area and remove any excess threads or burned material
- Cut a piece of backing fabric slightly larger than the rip and insert it underneath, gluing it in place
- Select the grain paper closest to your leather/vinyl and draw an outline of the damaged area onto it
- Fill the damaged are with vinyl adhesive using the spatula
- Using the colour match guide to help you, mix together colour repair compounds until you have created a match for the material you’re repairing
- When the vinyl adhesive is dry, apply your mixed colour compound to the damaged area, smoothly and evenly
- Place your selected grain paper onto the wet colour repair compound, taping it down if necessary
- Heat up an iron on high for 4 minutes then apply the metal part of the heat transfer tool to it, then place it onto the grain paper for 35-45 seconds
- Leave to cool, then peel away the grain paper to reveal your newly repaired material!
|Recommended For||Mending rips, burns and tears on vinyl or leather jackets, furniture and more|
|Included Contents||7 colour repair compounds, 1 vinyl adhesive, 1 backing fabric piece, 3 grain papers, 1 practice viynl piece, 1 mixing spatula, 2 mixing cups, 1 heat transfer tool and a colour matching chart|