Go Better Toddler Potty Training Seat With Step Ladder
- Encourages your child to develop healthy toilet habits from day one
- Gets your little one in the correct ‘squat’ position to empty their bowels for a full, healthy elimination
- Turns your regular toilet seat into a child-friendly sized seat that will help them feel comfortable and confident on the loo
- No more dangling legs; the foot support helps them balance and prevents the engagement of abdominal muscles that actually prevent pooping and cause constipation
- Easily folds away for storage when your little one has finished their business
Children’s Toilet Ladder and Seat to Help Prevent Constipation and Encourage Successful Toilet Training
Toilet training can be hard for parents and children alike and it can take years before children are fully toilet trained. When they are past the stage of using a little potty, but still too small for an adult-sized toilet, they can become anxious about going to the loo as the big toilet is quite daunting for a small child. They will often grip the sides of the toilet for the fear of falling into the scary hole that is far too big for their little bottoms, and their legs will dangle down leaving them feeling quite unstable; no wonder this can put them back a step! As their core engages to help them balance, the pelvic floor is activated to tense up, thus preventing a full bladder or bowel elimination!
Potty Training: Going from Potty to Toilet
When we toilet train our children, they are sat on a floor-level potty that sees their little feet firmly placed on the ground, their knees up in a squat position and their bottoms comfortably seated on a perfectly sized rim. This squat position is the perfect position for a healthy and complete bowel movement. When they get older and they have to move up to the ‘big person’ toilet, their whole position changes and that security they felt on the potty is gone. This can lead to issues and you may almost feel like you are starting all over again. Fear not, the Go Better® Toddler Potty Training Seat With Step Ladder is here to help!
Created with Your Childs Health and Safety in Mind
The Go Better® Toddler Potty Training Seat with Step Ladder doesn’t just look fun and exciting for inquisitive little ones, its design is of the highest quality to ensure your child’s complete safety when in use. The safety features include:
- Firm grippers on each foot stand to ensure the ladder will not slip or move as your child begins their ascent!
- Banister-like handles on either side for your child to hold on to as they climb
- Rounded handles on the top to support them as they turn to sit and also when they are seated, to give them an extra sense of security and make them feel totally at ease
- Rubber grips on the base of the toilet seat to ensure no slippage between the adult toilet seat and the toddler toilet seat
- A cushioned rim for total comfort and a much warmer feel on the bottom than a hard and cold plastic toilet seat
- Height adjustable step which makes the Go Better® Toddler Potty Training Seat with Step Ladder suitable for children from 2 years all the way to 5 (based on average height and weight at these ages) Lower step height: 17cm. Upper step height 25cm
- Foldable design for safe storage when you are not present – this prevents your child from using the Go Better® Toddler Potty Training Seat with Step Ladder unaccompanied if you do not want them to
All of the above make the Go Better® Toddler Potty Training Seat with Step Ladder safe and secure for your child to use.
The clever design also ensures your little one feels totally confident from day one. If you have ever gone to sit down without realising the toilet seat was up, you’ll know all too well that it really does give you quite the shock! As adults we can process the reason this has happened, put the toilet seat down and go about our business - it doesn’t have a long-term impact. But for a child, incidences like this can engrain a fear in their minds when it comes to using the toilet. They remember that feeling and hold on to it, making toilet trips upsetting for your child and frustrating for you. Giving them a small and comfy toilet seat that they feel totally at ease on will certainly make the transition from potty to toilet a smooth one. The fun colours and sense that this is their very own big boy or big girl toilet is a great way to get them excited about using the loo and will set them up perfectly for their first steps into school and beyond.
The Go Better® Toddler Potty Training Seat with Step Ladder is lightweight, weighing just 2kgs so it can be easily transported wherever your child goes. This means weekends away and sleepovers with grandparents won’t break your child’s fantastic new toileting routine.
Younger children will need to be accompanied by an adult when using the seat, certainly until they get used to climbing up it and turning themselves around and into a seated position.
Ensure Your Child is Potty Trained Before Starting School
The Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL) and ERIC, The Children's Bowel & Bladder Charity carried out a survey of seven hundred education staff working with children between the ages of 3 and 7. Of whom, 70% said more children are now starting school without being toilet trained. A whopping 100% of staff working with children aged three to five said the same, attributing the blame to a lack of toilet training at home and reliance on pull-ups. Pull-ups can seem a great idea whilst potty training your little one but do be careful not to rely too heavily on them, as children may miss the link between being wet and using the toilet. Pull-ups shouldn’t replace nappies, they should simply be used when potty training if going on a long journey or during the night in the initial stages, to prevent the need to change bedsheets in the early hours!
The Gentle Encouragement Your Child Needs to Go-Better, Every Time!
The lovely bright and fun colours will encourage your little one to climb the ladder up to the grown-up toilet, and the perfectly sized rim attaches to any ordinary, round toilet seat making sure their bottoms don’t hang in the toilet pan. With their feet resting on the ergonomically designed top step, they are in the anatomically correct position to poop. The stability and perfectly sized toilet seat gives your child the same security they feel on a small potty, preventing a build-up of anxiety that so many children feel when making this transition.
Making toilet time fun will encourage your child to go-better for healthier, happier children with great toilet habits. Fiona Rogers, a Pelvic Floor Exercise Physiotherapist says, “continence professionals see many children as patients which can be avoided with encouraging correct toilet posture from an early age”.
Simply teaching your child better toilet habits from the start sets them up for a life free of constipation and ensures they start school confident in their toileting abilities.
Go Better® Toddler Potty Training Seat with Step Ladder Measurements
- Cushioned inner seat inside diameter: 16.5cm x 23.5cm
- Outer seat and step width: 31cm
- Low-level step height: 17cm
- Higher-level step height: 25cm
|Recommended For||Children’s Toilet Ladder and Seat to Help Prevent Constipation and Encourage Successful Toilet Training|
|Included Contents||1 X foldable toilet ladder and seat for children.|