FemCap Contraceptive cap
- FemCap Female Contraceptive Cap - fit over your cervix
- Natural, hormone-free birth control
- 100% medical-grade silicone works in harmony with your body
- Instantly reversible should you decide to have a family
- Removal strap for easy and quick removal
FemCap is the perfect, modern alternative to the diaphragm - safe and effective hormone-free birth control for health-conscious women
If you are looking for a hormone-free alternative to more traditional methods of birth control, the FemCap cervical cap could be exactly what you are looking for. The FemCap is a similar concept to the traditional diaphragm, and works by covering the cervix, preventing sperm from entering. Unlike traditional diaphragms and caps, the FemCap does not need fitting by a health professional - it is available in three simple sizes, and the one you need is simply based on your pregnancy history.
- Small (22mm): is designed for women who have never been pregnant.
- Medium (26mm): for women who have been pregnant (even if only for two weeks) and have miscarried, undergone termination, or given birth by caesarian section - this size should be used if there is doubt over whether you have ever been pregnant.
- Large (30mm): for all women who have given birth vaginally.
The FemCap is a hormone-free method of birth control that can remain in place for up to 48 hours at a time, and is fully reusable for up to a year, so is a very economical choice when compared with the price of condoms. After each use, simply wash your FemCap with a gentle antibacterial hand soap and store in its case... as simple as that.
The FemCap should be used in conjunction with a contraceptive gel to ensure proper protection against pregnancy. We recommend the use of ContraGel Green Natural Vegan Contraceptive Gel - unlike other contraceptive gels, ContraGel Green contains no harmful Nonoxynol-9 and is made of 100% natural ingredients to reduce the risk of irritation to your body.
The FemCap is a modern, easy-to-use alternative to the traditional diaphragm. It is made of a single piece of medical-grade silicone to reduce allergies and can be left in place for up to 48 hours. As your body moves and changes during intercourse, the soft silicone design conforms to your body, and removal is easy too with the built-in removal strap - unlike the diaphragm, the soft silicone FemCap won't cause abrasions when the time comes to remove it.
The FemCap is shaped like a sailor's hat, with a brim to prevent sperm from entering the cervix. FemCap has been proven to be over 92% effective in preventing pregnancy, when used in conjunction with a spermicide. The FemCap is also ideal if you think you may want to get pregnant in the near future, because unlike the Pill or the implant, the effects are instantly reversible simply by removing the FemCap.
|Included Contents||FemCap, Detailed Instructions, Storage Case|
|Material||100% Medical Grade Silicone|
|Can Be Used With Biofeedback||No|
|Does Not Include||Phthalates, Latex|
|Size||Small, Medium and Large|
|Width||22mm, 26mm or 30mm|