Contam Special Vaginal Pessary
- Suitable for stress incontinence, prolapse and vaginal dryness
- Prevent leaks with this vaginal pessary
- Reusable for up to 7 days
- Apply medicine and lubricants with ease; tampon-like design is easy to insert
- Activates and strengthens your pelvic floor muscles
The Contam Special offers stress incontinence treatment and a vaginal applicator all in one!
Finding the right method of stress incontinence management for you can be confusing, particularly if you also suffer from vaginal dryness. Many women like to use a stress incontinence pessary as a simple way of preventing leaks, but if your vagina lacks lubrication then inserting and wearing one will often be uncomfortable and even painful.
The Contam Special is not just a pessary for stress incontinence – its design features grooves so that you can use it to apply medicine or moisturiser. By applying your vaginal moisturiser in this way you can ensure that you feel comfortable all day, as the Contam Special will maintain the lubricating effect for longer. It prevents leaks by holding up your vaginal wall and closing your urethra just enough to stop involuntary urine loss. You will still be able to go to the toilet as normal and having your Contam Special in place will train and strengthen your pelvic floor muscles to further relieve your symptoms.
How to use Contam pessaries
- Wash your hands thoroughly and remove the pessary from its bag
- Soak the pessary in warm water for about 1 minute, then gently squeeze. It will become soft and elastic.
- Contam pessaries are inserted in the same way as menstrual tampons, so find a comfortable position on the toilet or with a leg raised
For incontinence: insert the pessary deep into your vagina, then pull it back slightly so that it’s within reach of your fingers
For prolapse: insert the pessary as deeply as possible into your vagina to support your uterus
- If you find insertion uncomfortable or difficult, try using a vaginal moisturiser such as Gynomunal or Regelle
- Make sure that the removal thread is always outside of your vagina, as with a standard tampon
- To remove, gently pull on the removal thread. The pessary can either be washed and re-used or disposed of in the bin
|Recommended For||Treating stress incontinence, vaginal prolapse and weak pelvic floor muscles while also applying medicines or lubricants to the vagina|
|Length||Mini/Regular: 60mm Extra: 64mm|
|Dosage||Wear for up to 12 hours. Single Use.|
|Overall Diameter||Mini: 20mm Regular: 25mm Extra: 30mm|