The Importance of Self Care
Visiting your local GP for small issues is unnecessary, but when you try to self-diagnose on the internet you always end up with the most extreme result. So how exactly are you supposed to care for yourself appropriately?
Rather than relying on your doctor’s appointments to tell you about the little nitty gritty things that are wrong choose self-care for a healthier, happier life.
StressNoMore’s Top Tips on Self-Care:
- Eat well – Nutrition is one of the best ways to improve your self-care. You know the drill – fruits, vegetables, healthy fats and natural antioxidants will all serve to improve your health.
- Increase your activity levels – Exercise is the key to long-term physical health and mental wellbeing. Just 30 minutes of activity per day helps you to move more and live well.
- Go Better – Take control of your bowel health by avoiding constipation. Try using a toilet stool to optimise your bowel movements every time.
- Monitor your health – You can free up your time, and your doctor’s time by monitoring simple things, like blood pressure, in the comfort of your own home. See what’s available in StressNoMore’s range of health monitors and self-test kits.
- Nourishing nutrients – We are all guilty of not receiving enough vitamins and minerals, however this can get even worse during the winter months. Make sure you are making an active effort to improve your overall health. Stock up on Vitamin D for winter to fight disease, depression, and those extra few calories we put on over Christmas.
- Breathe easy – In our world of industry it can be hard to take a breath of fresh air. Try using an air purifier to help reduce air pollutants in your home that are harmful to your health.
- Teach yourself – From your pelvic floor to your core, get some help from the professionals when improving and managing your health. Browse StressNoMore’s library of books and DVD’s to get yourself on the right track.
Empowering individuals to self-care has many benefits for their short-term and long-term health and this is so important due to our increasing longevity. More needs to be done to support people to better look after their own health.
Start your self-care regime today and choose self-care for life!