Beurer BG51 XXL Glass Diagnostic Scale
- Body fat scale with extra wide design, measures up to 200 kg / 31.5 stone
- Body analysis scale that stores customised data for up to 10 people
- Measures weight, BMI, body fat, muscle mass, body water and bone density
- Receive a custom calorie limit based on your data and activity level!
- Stainless steel electrodes for perfect accuracy, with 8mm thick safety glass
This XXL diagnostic scale will give you measurements on 7 different areas of your health!
A Beurer scale is an excellent choice for monitoring your weight – since 1919, Beurer have been designing health products that are world renowned for their accuracy and quality, offering the height of German design and engineering. These extra wide bathroom scales are particularly suitable for heavier people as they are constructed from 8mm thick safety glass with an extra wide design that allows you to comfortably fit your feet on the sensor panels.
The scale works via Bioelectric Impedance Analysis – the two stainless steel electrodes on the front send tiny, safe and painless electrical currents through your body. The scale then measures how much resistance your body provides and uses this to calculate information about your health. Muscle tissue and water have low resistance to electrical currents, whereas fat and bones have high resistance. This means that the amount of electricity that comes back through your body can be used to work out the following information:
- Weight: your weight will be shown in kilograms, pounds or stone according to your preference
- BMI: your Body Mass Index is a quick way of determining if you are overweight based on your weight and height
- Body Fat Percentage: this tells you how much of your body is made up of fat – generally, the lower it is the better for your health.
- Body Water: this is the amount of water in your body; it’s generally higher if you have less body fat
- Muscle Mass: the percentage of your body that is made up of muscle
- Bone Mass: bone mass decreases as we get older, but this can be lessened by eating healthily. The scale can tell you how much your bones weigh
- Active Metabolic Rate: your AMR is how many calories you need to maintain your weight. By using your age, weight, height and activity level, the scale can tell you exactly how much you need to eat to avoid gaining or losing weight
Analyses your body using your personal info to provide stats and tips just for you!
The Beurer BG51 allows you to store user data for up to 10 people, so that everyone in your household can keep track of their health. Your user profile contains your height, age, gender and activity level; divided into 7 levels from sedentary to very high. As well as helping you to keep track of changes in your weight, this allows you to get customised results from the scale. For example, your data is used to calculate your Body Mass Index which shows you quickly if you are medically overweight. The instruction booklet included with your scale has charts that will help you determine if your measurements are within the healthy range for someone of your age, gender and height.
The Active Metabolic Rate feature is invaluable if you are seeking to lose or maintain your weight. By using your user data and activity level, it will calculate the amount of calories you need to eat each day. This can be used in conjunction with food tracking apps to help you get the best results possible from your diet or training routine.