Baby Belly Pelvic Support Belt
- Adjustable belt for support of the pelvis and lower belly
- Can support the back or front for exactly where you need it
- Developed by physiotherapist Diane Lee with over 35 years experience
- Can be worn during pregnancy and after
- Reduce back pain and allows you to exercise during pregnancy
Why do so many women require support during and after pregnancy?
Almost ½ of all women will experience pain in their low back or pelvic region at some point in their pregnancy. While there are many causes for this, two common ones are loss of support from the muscles in the expanding abdomen and laxity of the joints of the pelvis (sacroiliac and/or pubic symphysis).
Many maternity belts only support one part of the pelvis; either the front or the back or just generally squeeze the entire pelvic ring. The Baby Belly Pelvic Support is capable of providing support exactly where YOU need it, for some this is in the front (pubic symphysis and low belly) and for others this is in the back (sacroiliac joints and low back). Where you need support can change as your pregnancy advances, in some months you will find you need help at the front and in others at the back of your pelvis.
The Baby Belly Pelvic Belt can be used during pregnancy and postpartum to:
- Relieve lower back or pelvic pain when sitting, standing, or walking
- Support the abdominal and/or back muscles as well as the sacroiliac joints and pubic symphysis
- Stop the pelvic joints from clicking
- Support the pelvis whilst you sleep, especially as you turn in your sleep
- Allow you to work and exercise comfortably
- Give healing support for healing after a C-section
When to wear the Baby Belly Pelvic Support
There are no hard and fast rules for this, it really depends on how much support your belly and pelvis need. If you are in pain when you wake up, try wearing it when you sleep. As your pregnancy advances you may find you need to wear it more and more, that’s OK, your muscles will not weaken as long as you continue to exercise and do not just ‘hang out’ in the belt.
The innovator - Diane Lee
The innovator of this patented belt, physiotherapist Diane Lee, has over 35 years of clinical experience working with women before, during and after pregnancy. This unique belt designed for pregnancy and beyond is the outcome of her extensive clinical experience.
Sizing guide (UK Sizes)
- Small 6-8, Medium 10-12, Large 14-16
- If you are in the first or early second trimester of your pregnancy and are on track to put on an average amount of pregnancy weight (25 pounds) then order the size according to your pre-pregnancy pant size.
- If you are in the first or early second trimester of your pregnancy and know you will put on 40-60 pounds of pregnancy weight, then order one size larger than your pre-pregnancy pant size.
- If you are in the third trimester and really, really big - order the size up.
- If you are in the third trimester and average size - order your pregnancy pant size.
|Recommended For||Support the pelvis and the lower belly during and post pregnancy|
|Material||Back Piece-53% polyester, 47% rubber, Front Piece-75% polyester, 25% rubber, Trim- 100% polyester|
|Adjustable||Yes, velcro strapping|
|Colour||Black with pink trim|
|Washing Instructions||Hand wash cold, do not bleach, do not iron, do not tumble dry|