Baby Belly Pelvic Support Belt
- Fully adjustable pregnancy support belt from day one of pregnancy to 8 weeks post-partum
- Helps to prevent Diastasis Rectus Abdominis (DRA)
- Targeted relief for Pelvic Girdle Pain and lower back pain as well as supporting your growing belly
- Thoughtfully designed by leading womens health expert: Diane Lee BSR, FCAMPT, CGIMS, RYT200
- Supporting you during and after pregnancy to set you up for a happy, healthy and pain free motherhood
Support for You Where and When You Need it the Most
Carrying a baby is in incredible physical feat that women often take on without a second thought. Of course, women have been doing this for many thousands of years, so what’s the big deal, right? Wrong! Your body goes through a torrent of physical stresses, strains and changes during your pregnancy and to ensure you are in great physical shape post-partum, you must make sure you support your body through this huge physical challenge.
What to Expect When You Are Expecting
There are the common side effects of pregnancy that everyone has heard of; morning sickness and tiredness, but what about the aches and pains that make you feel you’ve not just gotten pregnant, but that you have aged 20 years over the course of a few months? We’re talking about pelvic girdle pain and back ache. These symptoms are so common in pregnancy that many women feel they just need to accept it, well you don’t!
Introducing the Baby Belly Pelvic Support Belt
This innovative support garment was created by Dianne Lee, an expert physiotherapist and occupational therapist based in Canada. Diane has dedicated her life and work to helping mums look, feel and function better, before, during and after their pregnancies. She is renowned in her field and respected amongst her peers for her great depth of knowledge relating to pregnancy related ailments including:
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominis: This is when the two sides of your abdominal muscles separate due to the overstretching of the Linea Alba – a flexible, yet strong tissue that connects the two sides of your abs together. A strong abdominal wall is essential for lower back protection and for maintaining urinary continence, whether pregnant or not.
- Lower Back Complaints: Common in pregnancy due to the loosening of the ligaments when your body releases Relaxin, a hormone that prepares your body for birth.
- Pelvic Girdle Pain: With so much pressure and weight sitting on the pelvis during pregnancy, issues in this region are again, very common. Pelvic girdle pain can vary in severity from being a frustrating niggle that shows itself now and again, to a constant source of pain that leaves some pregnant women wheelchair bound in the later stages of pregnancy.
All of the above issues can be prevented by wearing a Baby Belly Pelvic Support Belt like the one Diane Lee has passionately worked to perfect. This belt helps women everywhere enjoy happy, healthy and pain free pregnancies and early motherhood.
Protecting You from Diastasis Rectus Abdominis
DRA is the midline separation of the abdominal wall due to the overstretching on the Linea Alba – the connecting tissue holding both sides of your abs together. This ailment leaves women feeling extremely insecure due to the huge change in their physical appearance, it can also have dire effects on your bladder control.
You will undoubtedly experience some stretching of this very strong tissue during your pregnancy, but within 8 weeks post-partum your muscles should re-connect, if they don’t, you may have DRA and should seek medical advice. By wearing the Baby Belly Support Belt, you can prevent this overstretching and provide your belly a breadth of support during pregnancy, making post birth recovery quicker and easier.
Why Is This Baby Belly Support Belt Different from Others?
This revolutionary garment has been designed to support every area of your body likely to be affected during pregnancy. Unlike other pregnancy support belts, it doesn’t just offer support to the back or belly, it can be adjusted to support whichever area is giving you trouble at each stage of your pregnancy; including the back, pelvis and abdomen. It can be used from the first time you notice your bump until you’re packing your bags to go to hospital and meet your newest little family member, and after pregnancy to aid C-section or natural birth recovery. Please see the instructional video above to see how this belt supports you and how easy it is to fit.
Your joints and ligaments don’t simply pop back in to place and regain their strength as soon as baby is born, you should continue to support your back, pelvis and abdomen after your baby has arrived. When you consider you are pregnant for 9 whole months, you can imagine how long it takes for your body to fully bounce back from the trial of pregnancy and childbirth; why not give it all the help you can along they way.
What Size Baby Belly Support Belt Should You Buy?
- Small 6-8
- Medium 10-12
- Large 14-16
If you are in the first or early second trimester of your pregnancy and are on track to put on an average amount of pregnancy weight (25 pounds) then order the size according to your pre-pregnancy trouser size.
If you are in the first or early second trimester of your pregnancy and know you will put on 40-60 pounds of pregnancy weight, then order one size larger than your pre-pregnancy trouser size.
If you are in the third trimester and very large, order the size up.
If you are in the third trimester and average size - order the size you would purchase if you went shopping today for maternity trousers.
|Recommended For||Support the pelvis and the lower belly during and post pregnancy|
|Material||Back Piece-53% polyester, 47% rubber, Front Piece-75% polyester, 25% rubber, Trim- 100% polyester|
|Adjustable||Yes, velcro strapping|
|Colour||Black with pink trim|
|Washing Instructions||Hand wash cold, do not bleach, do not iron, do not tumble dry|