Great British Service
Free UK Delivery Over £50
100% Discreet Packaging & Billing
Our customers also like these best sellers:
With our home UTI test you can test for cystitis and urine and bladder infections easily in the privacy of your own home.
With two tests per kit, this home urine infection test is a sterile rapid way to detect indirect signs of infection not normally present in urine
Why test urine for infection?
Urine infections can range from Cystitis (mild but distressing infection) to severe kidney infections. Urine infections are 50 times more common in women than men.
Who is this home use urine infection test for?
This test is suitable and recommended for both men and women. However, women tend to be more susceptible to urine infections because they have a shorter urethra compared to men - this can mean that bacteria can enter the bladder more easily.
What are Leukocytes, nitrites and protein that are detected in this urine test?
- Leukocytes appear in urine when a bacterial infection is, or was recently, present
- Nitrites appear in urine as a result of bacterial activity in the urinary tract.
- Protein is often present in urine when there is a kidney infection, bladder or prostate inflammation, or bleeding in the urinary tract.
How often should you test your urine for infections?
Every time you feel symptoms of a potential urine infection, you may experience the following:
- frequent need to urinate
- pain while passing urine
- cloudy urine with offensive colour
- pain in the loins, fever or chills
What should you do if the result is positive?
In all cases, you should consult your doctor. Drink plenty of water (at least 4 pints/2 litres), which alleviates the symptoms and helps to flush the urinary system. Do not make medical decisions without consulting your doctor.
Delivery & Returns
|SKU / Product Code||9202|
|Recommended For||Home urine tests (2 included) to test for urine infections such as cystitis and kidney problems.|
|Included Contents||x2 Tests per pack, Full instructions and leaflet included.|
|User Manual||View and/or Download the User Manual|
|5 star :||
|( 2 )|
- Urine infection test kit great! Review by Momo
As a recurrent UTI sufferer I find them invaluable and great to have by me as an indicator of possible reinfection. They are very accurate and easy to use with clear instructions. Helpful to know when to make that appointment to get it checked out at the Docs! (Posted on 8 June 2016)
- URINE INFECTION KIT Review by Bopper
If so, how many testing strips per box?
There are two tests in this pack. The tests detect Leukocytes, nitrites and protein in the urine. Leukocytes appear in urine when a bacterial infection is, or was recently, present. Nitrites appear in urine as a result of bacterial activity in the urinary tract.
Protein is often present in urine when there is a kidney infection, bladder or prostate inflammation, or bleeding in the urinary tract.
So they will indicate an inbalance that can be further checked with an appointment at a GPs - a test cannot diagnose a specific codition, just the imbalance for further checking
Hope this helps
No this urine test does not detect blood in the urine. It detects the following in the sample:
* Leukocytes - these are present in urine when a bacterial infection is, or was recently, present.
* Nitrites - which are present in urine as a result of bacterial activity in the urinary tract.
* Protein - this is often present in urine when there is a kidney infection, bladder or prostate inflammation, or bleeding in the urinary tract
Hope this helps
Customer Care Team