Great British Service
Free UK Delivery Over £50
100% Discreet Packaging & Billing
Our customers also like these best sellers:
Get relaxed and healthier legs with Solidea’s Therapeutic Knee-High Compression Socks
Available in sizes small to XX-Large these knee-high stockings are suitable for men and women of all ages. Whether you suffer with venous insufficiency or simply want to unwind, these socks will give you the feeling of ‘putting your feet up’, without affecting your day.
With a light graduated compression of 18/21 mmHg, these classic support socks are designed to prevent and ease the pain caused by varicose veins and other sources of poor circulation in the legs, such as diabetes.
Made with a comfort-knit so soft they feel like a second skin, Solidea’s Relax Therapeutic Socks will keep your feet feeling fantastic throughout the day. The extra- flexible fabric makes them easy to put on and take off, while their black design keeps them durable and discreet! Made using high-tech and innovative yarns that maintain extraordinary elasticity over time, you can wear these stockings time and time again, without them loosing thickness or pliancy.
Solidea use a soft elastic band to keep these knee-highs in place - without digging into your calves or leaving a mark. Their patented breathable fabric won’t inhibit your body’s natural movements or make your feet clammy - even in summer!
With the Relax Unisex Socks, you can enjoy all the features of Solidea’s world-renowned compression technology, with added therapeutic benefits, thanks to the massaging sole that cushions your feet for all-day comfort. There’s no need to stress - Let Solidea energise your legs and feet!
* Symptoms like restlessness and cramping in the legs, having your feet cold to the touch, or having your lower extremities fall asleep are all warning signs that you suffer from poor circulation.
Why do I need Compression Socks?
With the passage of time and occasionally as a consequence of genetic predisposition, pregnancy, lifestyle choices and even hormones, the walls of veins can gradually dilate. The valve system that carries blood around the body are then susceptible to losing tone and elasticity, which makes it difficult for blood to return to the heart. That’s why venous problems usually happen in the lower limbs - where blood is able to accumulate causing fatigue, heaviness and swelling or oedema.
In order to reduce the risk of developing complications later in life, it’s a good idea to wear compression stockings when symptoms of restricted blood flow appear. They’re great for both the prevention and treatment of venous disorders and work by restricting surface veins and muscles where blood is likely to pool. Compression increases arterial pressure and forces the blood through narrower circulatory channels, away from the swollen area and towards the heart. This helps control the build-up of residual fluid that causes swelling or oedema in the legs and feet.
How is Solidea different?
Solidea’s medical grade compression legwear is unique in that it provides ‘graduated’ compression to the affected area, which allows the pressure to be distributed more effectively. Solidea’s stockings are designed to have a higher gradient of pressure around the foot (where gravity naturally causes fluids to pool), with the material loosening toward the top of the sock. This means you can get better, and more targeted circulatory relief without your legs, ankles and feet feeling uncomfortable.
Risk factors that can lead to abnormalities in the circulatory system:
Solidea’s compression-wear is graded according to its level of pressure (mmHg), so you can choose the right range for your needs. Here’s a quick tool for you to see how different compression ranges will help you:
- 8/15mmHg: Very light compression for general relief of tired, aching legs.
- 15/20mmHg: Mild compression for long periods of inactivity like traveling (lowered blood circulation), or times where the body is under stress such as during exercise or pregnancy (pressurised swelling).
- 20/30mmHg: Relief for moderate to severe venous disorders, often prescribed to prevent ulcers, clotting and worsening of skin bulging.
- 30/40mmHg: Relief from severe or chronic venous disorders and swelling, particularly following an episode of DVT or during convalescent periods (such as surgery in the affected area).
To obtain maximum benefit from the stocking, you should ideally measure your legs in the morning when the legs are less oedematous (swollen). The measurements necessary are:
- Circumference of the ankle (c B), at the narrowest point - this is the point of maximum pressure.
- The circumference at the point just below the knee (c D).
- The length must be measured from the base of the foot (a) to the highest point reached by the knee-length stocking (l D).
Delivery & Returns
|SKU / Product Code||10587|
|Material||80% Polyamide, 20% Elastane|
|Function||Compression Strength: 18/ 21 mmHG|
|Size||Available in Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL|
|5 star :||
|( 1 )|
|4 star :||
|( 1 )|
- effective, better than nhs ones Review by Vic, Bournemouth
It is a shame we cannot have a voucher to get the compression stockings we'd rather have because I am sure these are a better price. (Posted on 21 April 2015)
- Good but expensive Review by RedNails