Great British Service
Free UK Delivery Over £50
100% Discreet Packaging & Billing
Our customers also like these best sellers:
Made from soft, body friendly silicone the Mooncup is the eco friendly reusable menstrual cup everyone is talking about!
At around two inches long it is worn internally like a tampon but collects menstrual fluid rather than absorbing. Unlike tampons the Mooncup is not a disposable product, so you only need to buy one, so our landfill sites will thank you too!
The Mooncup will hold 30ml of fluid, which is roughly one third of the average total produced each period. A light seal is formed with your vaginal walls allowing your menstrual fluid to pass into the Mooncup without leakage or odour. You will probably find that you need to empty your Mooncup less frequently than you currently replace towels or tampons.
The sanitary protection market is dominated by one company in particular - Procter & Gamble. They produce well known brands such as Tampax tampons, Always and Allday pads and panty liners. P&G come under a barrage of criticism for their less-than ethical practices with regards to the environment and animal welfare. Mooncup menstrual cups offer a healthier alternative to reduce health and environmental concerns to a near-zero.
Which size of Mooncup Menstrual Cup is right for me?
- Size A Mooncup measures 46mm in diameter and 50mm in length.
- Size B Mooncup measures 43 mm in diameter and 50mm in length.
- Both sizes have a pull stem 21mm long, which you can trim to the length that is right and comfortable for you.
Size A is recommended for women over 30 and those who have given birth vaginally whilst Size B is recommended for women aged below 30 or who have not given birth or given birth via caesarean. However since every woman's body is different we recommend you take into account the diameters of Size A and B and choose the one that you think will suit your body best.
Why Mooncup menstrual cups are good for you and good for the environment
- The UK sanitary protection market is worth in excess of £267 million
- Every day, here in the UK, 2.5 million tampons, 1.4 sanitary towels and 700,000 panty-pads and liners are flushed down our toilets
- In Britain, every year, we would need to dig a hole 300 feet wide and 300 feet deep to bury the used sanitary pads and tampons that we women throw away
- One of the main ingredients in tampons is Rayon, it is highly absorbent and usually chlorine-bleached. Since 1918 it has been known that toxins can be absorbed into the body through the vagina
- Tampons absorb 65% of your menstrual fluid and 35% of your body's natural moisture, this creates imbalances in the moisture and pH levels of your vagina
Delivery & Returns
|SKU / Product Code||80044|
|Recommended For||Period protection for active women|
|Included Contents||Cotton breathable storage bag|
|Length||5cm (2 Inches)|
|Adjustable||Yes - Snip stem to desired length|
|Size||A - Women over 30 with children, B - Women under 30 no children.|
|Washing Instructions||Rinse with water or non-perfumed soap, boil or sterilise once a month|
|5 star :||
|( 8 )|
|4 star :||
|( 1 )|
|1 star :||
|( 2 )|
Items 1 to 10 of 11 total
- Really great product Review by CC
- Life changing product Review by Sian
- I had high hopes Review by Sarah
I am sorry your experience with the mooncup was not a success. You mention it being 'sucked up'. if placed properly it gently cradles around the cervix. It sounds as though it was not in position properly over the cervix which is why it didn't catch the flow at all. Do let me know if we can help you further, it was just a matter of it not being positioned properly, I would love you to try it again and experience the real benefits.
Here to help
Customer Care Team (Posted on 26 March 2016)
- Recommend for biginners Review by Butter
First I choose size A as I am over 30 and married. But it leaked and interrupt me badly to go to the bathroom especially I just couldn't pee at all.
Without blaming myself I decide to try size B. I found that it could leak when the size is big for you. Size B is fit better, putting it inside is easier and no problem to go to the bathroom.
If you have the same problem like me try smaller size. (Posted on 7 March 2016)
- High quality menstrual cup but lacks capacity for heavy days Review by Lois
- So disappointed Review by Amandalou
- Would never go back to tampons! Review by Lauren
I would never go back to tampons now, I feel less dry (I have a strange fear of cotton wool so find tampons disgusting to use anyway!), it's cheaper in the long run, and its generally so much easier than having to carry a load of sanitary products around with you everywhere.
I love my cup <3 (Posted on 9 June 2015)
- Fantastic Review by Rosie
- A good product worth using Review by Rae
- Try it and you may just never go back Review by mrskvetoslavac
OMG! This should be part of the 'education' we give to all young girls when we explain to them the options that they can choose when menstruating.
In comparison to all the conventional pads and tampons, there is no way i am going back after just one trial.
I feel more comfortable, have less of a worry about leaking and there is just not a chance I can ever again use a bleach containing product that is actually not good for your body...
I even reckon the pain is lessened by the fact that there is just so much less stress with the whole process of being on your period.
normally I would have to take a tablet straight away, and then again the second day, but the I am now half way through the second day and have not had to take a tablet yet this month.... Yes there is pain, I am not claiming that this miracle have eliminated that, but I seem to manage it a lot better as I feel relaxed and confident about cleanliness and freshness..
Very good product and comes highly recommended!!!!!
I for one will tell everyone I know about it as there is just no need to suffer!!!!
Yes you pay about £20 in shops (less online i presume) but what once in a number of years compare to whatever you currently spend every month?
I SAY GO FOR IT! Give it a try, and see how you feel!!!!!! (Posted on 25 August 2013)
No it does not have the same spill feature as shown in the femmycycle menstrual cup here http://www.stressnomore.co.uk/femmycycle-no-spill-menstrual-cup-92462.html
If you do fear spills, or tend to be very heavy, perhaps the femmycycle menstrual cup with the no-spill feature might be better for you.
Hope this helps
Customer Care Team
I'm 33 with no children. My periods see light. Please can you tell me which size to buy?