Great British Service
Free UK Delivery Over £50
100% Discreet Packaging & Billing
Our customers also like these best sellers:
Make sure you’re not at risk of a sudden heart attack or stroke with this cholesterol home test kit
Our increasingly busy lifestyles are making conditions like heart disease more and more common – it is now the leading cause of death in the UK and can strike suddenly with a lot of people unaware that they are at risk until they have a heart attack! To make sure that your heart is healthy it is a good idea to find out your cholesterol levels so that you can take steps to decrease your risk of this happening to you.
Why is my cholesterol important?
The level of cholesterol in your blood is an important indicator of how healthy you are. Cholesterol is produced by your liver and helps your body maintain its cells and make vitamin D, hormones and the bile you need to digest food. Unfortunately, it’s possible to produce too much cholesterol and drastically increase your risk of heart disease and other circulatory problems as it clogs your arteries and stops your blood from circulating properly.
The following factors mean that you have more of a risk of high cholesterol:
- Family history of high cholesterol
- Eating a diet high in saturated fat (e.g. butter, cheese, fatty meats like bacon and sausages, etc.)
- Sedentary lifestyles without enough exercise
- Being overweight
- High blood pressure
Most people will have at least one of these risk factors so it’s an excellent idea to test your cholesterol levels – this will help you to know if you are particularly at risk and need to make some lifestyle changes.
What are HDL and LDL?
There are actually two types of cholesterol – HDL (high density lipoprotein) and LDL (low density lipoprotein). LDL is ‘bad cholesterol’ that will create plaque in your arteries; a thick, hard substance that makes them clogged and less flexible. HDL is known as ‘good cholesterol’ as it helps to remove LDL from your arteries, protecting you from strokes and heart attacks. This means that you could potentially have a high level of overall cholesterol but if it’s largely HDL you will not be at risk of health problems.
CholesterinCheck allows you find out your levels of total cholesterol, HDL and LDL to get a full picture of your health. It does this with two easy to read test strips that change colour in reaction to different levels of cholesterol. The guide included makes it easy to diagnose yourself, saving you the hassle of trying to get a doctor’s appointment.
CholesterinCheck makes it easy to test yourself at home
The CholesterinCheck pack contains everything you need for the test; even a plaster for afterwards! With just a few simple steps you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing about your health.
- Wash your hands and remove the test cassette from its protective foil
- Disinfect your finger using the alcohol swab
- The lancet is a simple to use even if you are a bit squeamish; just press it against your finger, press the button and it will draw blood quickly
- Use the pipette to suck up the blood and squeeze It onto the test cassette
- You will have your result in only one minute!
What do my results mean?
CholesterinCheck’s design makes it easy to interpret your test results at a glance. There are two test patches, one for your total cholesterol and one for your HDL. These change colour according to what your result is and the charts next to them make it simple to tell which of these three groups you fall into:
- Desirable (yellow): this is a good level of cholesterol, giving you a low risk of heart disease
- Borderline (green): you may have an increased risk of heart disease and should consult your doctor
- At Risk (blue): this means your cholesterol is elevated and you have an increased risk of heart disease regardless of other factors – see a doctor immediately
Once you know your total and HDL cholesterol there is a pinwheel included that you can use to find out your LDL, saving you from doing any tricky calculations. By knowing your LDL as well you can get a full picture of what your risk of heart disease is.
Delivery & Returns
|SKU / Product Code||82451|
|Included Contents||1 test cassette, 2 pipettes, 1 lancet, 1 plaster, 1 alcohol swab, instructions|